Ended Logistics Officer
Location: based in the Field Office, with frequent visits to targeted Districts
Reporting to: Operation Manager
Published Date: 05 September,2019
Contract Duration: 7 Months , possibility of extension
Contract type: Full time contract
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Logistics Officer Job Description
The Logistic Officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures and provides logistical support to NFDHR’s 7 core programs. She/he is also in charge of building the capacity of local logistics support team members. The Logistics Officer reports directly to the project manager . This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Technical Support and Management:
- Prepare procurement procedures in accordance with the rules, regulations and manuals adopted in coordination with the program .
- Prepare various procedures around project implementation within NFDHR’s Procurement Policies, including direct or urgent purchases
- Prepare Technical Request for Proposals (RFPs) , all Tender documents and sharing in tender analysis in coordination with the project manager, Program Manager and operations manager .
- Prepare the logistic plan for projects and follow-up and update it by monthly
- Record purchases within NFDHR’s procurement documents in order to prove materials purchased are classified and entered in the financial system
- Follow-up and monitor purchased materials to ensure proper procurement and distribution to warehouses in accordance with invoices, specifications and purchase contracts
- Document, control and execute receipt of invoices received from suppliers.
- Match supplier invoices with warehouse’s purchase orders and receipt of supplies, issued by administration, and indicate supply’s safety.
- Match the total balance of the inventory control record with the balance in the system.
- Keep inventory of suppliers' debts whose period has expired with periodic reports.
- Create a file for each resource needed/ordered, containing all correspondence and agreements between NFDHR and the supplier. Make sure all files are consistently labelled, indexed and organized to facilitate accessing and referencing it.
- Preparation and ending all documents related to the project first, without delay, and prepare a monthly report.
Coordination and Representation:
- Assist the Operations Manager in preparing the procurement plan of NFDHR and its related projects.
- Participate in the Inventory Committee periodically, and, at the end of the year, in coordination with the Warehouse Manager, match the inventory results with inventory control records and search for discrepancies (if any) and report them.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse Manager to identify stock gaps and ordering needs to ensure supplies are fully stocked for corresponding projects.
- Review the invoices received from suppliers and match them with suppliers' contracts, identify any discrepancies, if any, and follow them up.
- Follow-up late invoices with suppliers.
- Report on non-moving, slow-moving, obsolete and stagnant items.
- Other duties as assigned.
The role of the Logistics Officer is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Logistics Officer is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s logistical support functions and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management,
,Logistics or something similar.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Logistics in a humanitarian/development context
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices
- Basic knowledge of financial and HR procedures.
- Familiarity working with procurement software.
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics/IT/Communications/construction or other desired
- Experience with field level coordination with other stakeholders UN, INGOs, LNGOs and government.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position