Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
Location: Hodeidah, Yemen
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer (CRA Officer) will be responsible for implementing client feedback channels which are relevant to clients and programs team. These will include conducting community engagement and information sharing meetings, client satisfaction surveys, focus group discussions, suggestion boxes and a hotline. The CRA Officer will be responsible for aggregating client feedback, identifying key themes critical to the IRC, presenting these to the management team for timely decision making. The CRA Officer will also be responsible for recording and monitoring feedback, and ensuring that all feedback or complaints are addressed and clients are informed of decisions taken in a timely manner.
Feedback Planning and Implementation
- Ensure that feedback channels for all sectors are in-place and appropriate for IRC clients
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established mechanisms, and propose recommendations for improvements
- Provide support, advice and training, where applicable, to colleagues on client responsiveness and management of feedback mechanisms
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response
- Ensure that feedback from all channels (suggestion boxes, hotline, focus group discussions, client satisfaction surveys and field visits) is collected, analysis and reported.
- Disaggregate client feedback (according to gender, age, status, sector, risk-level and other client appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response;
- Analyze key themes, challenges and opportunities for program improvement.
- Keep a record of how client feedback has been responded to by the IRC.
- Ensure that the feedback loop with clients is closed to acknowledge their feedback and inform them about what the IRC has done in response to feedback.
- Report on the number of cases that are closed/responded to, and the timeframe in which they are responded to.
Human Resource Management
- The CRA Officer will supervise a CRA Assistant
- Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit
Coordination and Representation
- Under the direction of the CRA Manager, the CRA Officer will liaise with the all sector program teams for support on areas of client responsiveness and establishment of feedback channels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Anthropology and Sociology or any other relevant field
- Experience of analyzing and presenting data in a way that facilitates effective decision making
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point
- Self-driven and the able to manage multiple competing demands and commitments, and to work flexibly in a team
- Creative, curious and able to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic
- Experience of working with refugees and/or IDPs, and an understanding of the communication channels and preferences of displaced people.
- Experience in setting up and managing client feedback channels. These may include surveys, focus group discussions, hotlines, suggestions boxes, open feedback etc.);
- Experience of providing capacity building, training and advice to colleagues on feedback mechanisms
- Experience in drafting reports using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
The position will be based in Hodeidah with frequent travel to service delivery sites within the Governorate.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6420
Deadline for Applying: September 19, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual