Ended Area HR Officer
Area HR Officer-Saadah/AlJawf
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area HR Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable contract depending on budgeting and performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, record and/or distribute as appropriate the following documents:
- Administrative letters (incoming/outgoing);
- Internal notes, regulations, memos, etc.
- Official letters/documents concerning issues with governmental offices and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance of ACTED’s procedures to legal requirements of the country and ACTED management;
- Maintain, use and improve ACTED's administrative filing system (for all documents and letters).
- Compile and update ACTED’s Yemen directory and communicate it to relevant stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Compile and send medical insurance requests for staff to the capital and follow-up all issues related to medical insurance;
- Inform Country Admin/HR Manager in regards to any observed breach of ACTED regulations that could lead to award or disciplinary actions as per ACTED HR Manual.
Human Resources Management
- Ensure ACTED's administration and HR procedures and guidelines are clearly communicated to all staff, including through the dissemination of official notes and memos, and the introduction of new employees to ACTED's procedures and regulations.;
- Inform all staff of public holidays in a timely manner;
- Maintain a clear record of staff's attendance and leave days;
- Clearly communicate with the Finance for the accurate and timely payment of staff compensation and benefits, including through clear records of justifications;
- Ensure implementation of a timely, efficient and compliant recruitment process through:
- The collection of all required documents from applicants as per ACTED's policies and procedures;
- Checking job descriptions and TORs have been drafted by line managers, and the publication of vacancies through relevant channels;
- Send all job posts supporting documents to HR capital for publication;
- Review by the recruitment committee of all applicants for short listing and the provision of assistance in the recruitment process (e.g. supervision of testing of shortlisted candidates);
- Participation in applicants tests and interviews
- Preparation of employment contracts for base team, and ensuring all staff contracts are signed;
- Contact references of all selected candidates' references prior to recruitment, and the signature of guarantee forms for relevant positions;
- Ensure implementation of appraisal processes as per ACTED's internal rule and regulations;
- Assist each department in the implementation of award and/or disciplinary action as per both Yemeni labor law and ACTED policies and regulations and after approval of coordination;
- Prepare standard, mission-wide as well as more specific organigrams as requested;
- Ensure all staff members have individual, confidential and complete files from their first days of employment with ACTED, including regular appraisals, comprehensive TORs, etc.
- Participate in disputes settlements
- Follow-up any staff movement
- Supervise the cleaning, cooking, gardening staff
- Update and submit ACTED's monthly HR report in a timely manner:
- Follow-up on staff's leave requests and related support documents;
- Facilitate submission of bases' monthly HR report in a timely manner, in particular by leading the review process to ensure accurate and timely payment of salary is done at the end of the month;
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
- Maintain the confidentiality of internal ACTED materials, procedures, and information and only disclose such with the written approval of management.
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests.
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues.
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar;
- At least two years of relevant experience working in Human Resources or a similar field;
- Very good knowledge of MS office software;
- Experience working for international or humanitarian organizations preferred;
- Strong understanding of, and commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Ability to work in a team/independently;
- Fluent in Arabic, and very good written and spoken English;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV + Cover letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Saadah HR Officer and rename your CV as First & Last name + Saadah HR Officer.
- The closing date for applications is on Thursday, 19 Sep 2019.
- Candidates from Saadah governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Only candidates from Saadah/AlJawf (in districts with connection difficulties) can also submit their CV in hard copy to ACTED HR Saadah Office.
بإمكان المتقدمين من محافظتي صعدة/الجوف فقط (في المناطق التي تعاني من صعوبة في الاتصال) تقديم نسخة مطبوعة من سيرتهم الذاتية إلى قسم الموارد البشرية في مكتب المنظمة في صعدة.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification