Ended Field Officer
Position: Field Officer
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The overall role of the Field Officer is to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition, to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality.
Field Officer will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
The Field Officer will be Responsible but not limited to:
- Assists in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Conducts weekly field monitoring visits.
- Collects high quality photographs from all sites visited According to ADRA guidelines.
- Monitors the Distribution of Food Vouchers and document the Distribution Process under the supervision of the Field Coordinator.
- Monitors voucher exchanges in local Stores and ensures Compliance to project Regulations.
- Monitors Voucher usage in local stores and at the household level to collect information for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Takes Photographs and short video of people live in Rural Areas, beneficiaries and all activities for ADRA programs such as Food distribution, voucher distribution, etc.
- Travels to locations where ADRA Teams are working in the mentioned areas above.
- Submits weekly reports and activity plans to the Field Coordinator.
- ADRA owns the copyright of all images taken. The Photographer can use the images for purposes of portfolio or non-lucrative exhibitions of his work and with prior permission obtained from ADRA.
- Submits a monthly report on all projects activities to the Field Coordinator.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in ,Social Science , Economics , ,or relevant field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar field with international NGOs.
- English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- Strong Community Mobilization skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its program at field level
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Reporting Skills are Required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply