Ended MEAL Manager
Location: Sana’a with regular travel to other sites.
Period: 1-year, renewable subject to performance.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day), with field visits to the work sites.
Classification: Program and project management.
Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO) is a Yemeni humanitarian and development non-governmental organization, founded in 2006 by a group of young people with the inspiration to address some of the social and development issues that need to be dealt with in creative and swift interventions in a purely professional manner.
Investing and benefiting from the abilities and potential of young people is not a matter of pride for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Moreover, young people represent the largest proportion of the population in many countries; we are seeking to hone their skills and providing a suitable environment for their access to decision, making positions. Therefore, we have implemented many successful activities and programs that have a real impact on the reality of young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be made without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well through the development of young people's abilities. It is therefore, called the teaching organization that works hard to train volunteers and then grant them work opportunities. LMMPO is keen to have a competitive candidate to fill the MEAL Manger as followed:
Main Responsibilities: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will be to lead on ensuring the quality and accountability of LMMPO various activities and works. He/She has to ensure MEAL system implementation, review and evaluations, MEAL activity budgeting, MEAL staffing, as well as provide support to proposal writing with reflection to lessons learned from completed and ongoing projects and porgram in addition to mainly contribute to log frame development. Also, the position involves functions as followed:
- Assist in developing MEAL plans across projects.
- Lead on the development and oversee the roll out of the organizational MEAL system (emergency & development), ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries.
- Develop a suitable plan, follow up the progress of its implementation in the field and provide regular reports to the senior management.
- Promote all aspects of MEAL to support the creation of an organizational culture which prioritizes quality programming.
- Identifies, develops and introduces creative MEAL tools to MEAL staff.
- Provide strong support as required to ensure MEAL system is understood and supported at field and office levels.
- Work with the program teams to ensure that MEAL is integrated to the implementation of the programs to enhance quality and appropriate and on-time decision making at program and senior management of LMMPO.
- Manage MEAL system and ensure the system operates as per clear links and lines between field and senior management and between MEAL and other departments of LMMPO.
- Contribute to problem solving and decision making if challenges met.
- Writing analysis based on MEAL systems outcomes to promote learning and strategy development for LMMPO.
- Management and review of all MEAL reports and provide feedback to MEAL staff with coaching, mentoring and building the skills and capacity of the staff as per their performance.
- Produce high quality analysis reports to show impact and assessment findings.
- Managing the daily tasks of the MEAL department with provide on time support and guidance to staff on daily basis.
- Make sure that all the MEAL reports and outcomes increase the accountability to donors’ requirement via implementation of timely and quality MEAL activities which lead to timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure best investment of MEAL material and human resources.
- Assist to the proper documentation of success stories and lessons’ learned.
- Contribute to the development of risks and mitigation plans related to project implementation at the organization level.
- Keep teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
- Do tasks of the same as requested by the senior management.
Specific skills for the post:
- Excellent planning and interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Proven ability of using MEAL system.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Analytical Skills.
- High quality report writing.
- Stress management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Computer skills in using (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing).
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in management or relevant disciplines.
- At 3 - 5 years MEAL management, preferably experience in INGOs and local NGOs
Applicant should send his/her CV and covering letter in English & Arabic email@example.com
with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for application is Thursday, September 12 2019.