Ended Nutrition Coordinator
Position: Nutrition Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The primary function of the Nutrition Coordinator includes supporting the Nutrition Officers in the implementation of Nutrition activities, reporting and reinforcing the capacity of the technical staff through day-to-day supervision, mentoring and coaching as well as training. Support the Senior MEAL officer and Program Manager with the required reports on time. The Coordinator Provides Professional technical operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the Medical programs/project.
The “ Nutrition Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Develop Nutrition Sector Technical Plans of action and Emergency Plans over the course of program implementation and report to Program Implementation Manager
- Ensure an easily communicated information flow is established to reach nutrition support teams, implementing partners, local authorities and USG Programs Implementation Coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that Nutrition activities are implemented based on the project framework and DIP, additionally responsible for tracking progress against indicators and identifying and overcoming delays.
- Guide Nutrition field team during assessment of implementation feasibility to ensure effective and efficient assistance reaches beneficiaries.
- Supervise Nutrition team from beginning to end and ensure timely completion of tasks at planning, training, implementing, distribution and monitoring phases.
- Oversee M&E team designs forms that enable the collection of valuable data for tracking SAM and MAM cases in CU5 and PLWs, along with patient admission and discharge in supported health facilities and mobile clinics.
- Displays adequate knowledge, creativity and innovation during contribution to the planning and preparation of a range of special projects in nutrition sectors.
- Oversee the development and design of awareness messages and determine optimal time and location for dissemination
- Review nutrition activity reports to ensure soundness and coherency prior to submission to Program Coordinator and Donors.
- Work in cooperation with all the staff members, visitors, local authorities, cluster implementing partners, and donors and ensure adherence to ADRA and USAID standards, practices, regulations and policies
- Represent project at nutrition cluster meeting at the national and sub-national level and present project accomplishments accompanied by graphical visual aids during cluster and partner meetings, workshops, and trainings. Ensure project nutrition activities are mapped cluster-wide.
- Act as main focal point in coordinating with nutrition cluster partners, WHO, UNICEF and Ministry of Public Health prior to implementation of health activities and ensure effective and efficient activities which avoid duplication of assistance are approved.
- Lead the development, implementation and review of nutrition quality assurance mechanisms and processes for nutrition sector projects.
- Oversee the development of training material for community nutrition volunteers and midwives and ensure competent implementation, tracking, and reporting of nutrition activities.
- Work collaboratively and authoritatively with ADRA programs, nutrition, field, and M&E teams, including the provision of training and guidance.
- Active search for opportunities to integrate project health and nutrition activities.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in medical or health related fields is required.
- More Than 5 years of direct experience in humanitarian affairs, CMAM, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development or other related areas.
- Proven abilities in information analysis and strong English drafting abilities.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks;
- coordinate meetings and share information with Nutrition Clusters.
- Ability to work under pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment;
- Good knowledge of institutional mandates, politics and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian affairs and knowledge of the USAID rules and regulations
- Knowledge of office management systems, procedures and Overseeing Employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to coordinate their work with others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, internet.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, September 13, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply