Ended Medical Doctor
Medical Doctor - Hajjah City
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the position of Medical Doctor to execute the following tasks:
Main Purpose: Provide support to emergency and inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge and ensure the proper functioning of the medical activities to include referrals of patients under his responsibility defining and implementing, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions at Al Gamhouri Hospital in Hajjah.
- Supervise the service delivery in the ER and OT and ICU; ensure that the staff providing medical care is following MSF protocols and Guidelines.
- Follow up evolution of the hospitalized/ patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations. Discuss the cases with the specialists in the hospital, deciding together whether the patient can be discharged or transferred to other departments or referred.
- Keep informed the patient and/or his/her family about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, ensuring that this is understood.
- Ensure patients’ confidentiality respected by MSF and hospital staff at all times.
- Coordinate and manage referrals through on call rosters. Discuss with specialists in the hospital and decide if the patient meets MSF referral criteria and in consultation with PMR arrange the referral with the Referral Focal Point in Sana’a.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility.
- Train the hospital staff in doing proper registration, maintain proper data collection system in the ER, OT and ICU, collect the data ,update referrals line list data and analyze them.
- Elaborate on the regular report (weekly/monthly) of the activities and submit them to the PMR.
- Ensure that the medical staff is timely reporting to the working station and respecting their working hours, verify and approve payment of the incentives. Report to PMR HR problems (e.g. poor performance of medical staff, late arrival or early leaving the departments, absence of specialists on duty and suggests adequate solutions).
- Elaborate, conduct and participate in staff trainings, carry primary role in provision of MCP trainings and drills ensuring that the team involved in MCP is properly trained and following the Plan. Participate in the hospital’s mass casualty plan implementation and if necessary suggest revisions to provide the best for the most of the patients during a mass casualty incident.
- Ensure universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and support maintaining proper infection control practices in supervised units (ER, OT and ICU).
- Supervise the quality of disinfected and sterilized materials in the departments of responsibility (ER, OT and ICU); assure that general compliance of implementation of antibiotic prophylaxis protocol and with standing hygiene standards is maintained.
- Participate in the medical meetings with the hospital doctors in a weekly basis to discuss the ways of collaboration and way forward a better care provision for the patients.
- Given the nature of MSF emergency programs and activities, to participate in project emergency interventions upon requirement.
- Will be part of the MSF-MD on call roster.
- Always report to the supervisor in case of any challenges or incidents that may be difficult to handle or have consequences on MSF operations or beneficiaries.
- People Management
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Stress Management
- Team work
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV, cover letter, ID and certificates in English to the following email address:
Deadline for submission before the end of 15/09/2019
Please put the title of the position you apply for in the email subject line as “Medical Doctor”.
Uncompleted applications won’t be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.