Position Title: Psychiatrist.
Location: Sana'a, Yemen.
Employment Type: Full time.
Contract Duration: three months with possibility of extension
Qatar Red Crescent Society is a nonprofit organization, assist and empowers vulnerable communities within Qatar and around the world by offering life-saving assistance in emergencies, increasing disaster preparedness and resilience to future disasters, improving health care services, contributing to social rehabilitation and capacity building This job is to support health facilities in scaling up the mental health sector, ensuring the provision of comprehensive, quality services to the targeted populations.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct screening and assessment of beneficiaries and develop individualized treatment and rehabilitation plans according to their needs
- Provide psycho-education to beneficiaries and their families
- Provide psychological support and counseling services to beneficiaries and their families
- Provide family support when needed
- Facilitate group therapy and support group sessions in coordination with the multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate with physicians, psychiatrist, community health workers, nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Organize community, rehabilitation and awareness activities for beneficiaries and their families in coordination with the multidisciplinary team;
- Ensure the complete and updated filing of beneficiary information, including follow- up and referrals.
- Provide support to QRCS in the implementation of activities under their work plan.
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested by QRCS.
- Weekly and monthly report on received cases
- BSc in Psychology (MA degree is preferred).
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the field.
- Previous training on case management and/or bio-psychosocial approach is an asset.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be interpersonally skilled in dealing with patients, families, colleagues, and the public.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Experience working in a refugee is preferred
To apply, please send your CV, and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfill the requirements for this position to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org)