Ended Supply Chain Assistant
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Hodeida
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The Supply chain Assistant will work in Hodeida SC office under the direct supervision of SCO and Support of Senior Supply Chain Officer from Sann’a. He/she is responsible for the integrity of the IRC's procurement system. Must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures and donor-specific polices.
- Assist SCO in the Tendering Processes of documentations and filling processes.
- Provide procurement services in Hodeida. Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Maintain of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure SC documents are photocopied and well filled per grant
- Ensuring timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation is actioned.
- Implement a transparent and responsive procurement process
- Advise the SCO – (Hodeida) of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
Key Result Areas:
- Provision of effective, procurement services
- Compliance to the donor requirements and IRC procedures
- On time, standard PRTS reports to SCO Hodeida
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit player
Required qualification and experience:
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous) for 1 year.
- Holder of Certificate or equivalent in purchasing, supplies and management or Business Administration
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6447
Deadline for Applying: September 22, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.