Ended Area Communication Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Communication Assistant. He/She will supports in the development of Area communication products, ensuring adherence to CARE brand standards, ensuring updated products and support to Area communications capacity building.
Area Communication Assistant
This position reports to the Area Manager and technically to Communications and Information Coordinator, and is mainly responsible for supporting in the development of Area communication products, ensuring adherence to CARE brand standards, ensuring updated products and support to Area communications capacity building. The position holder shall also support in developing communication materials such as human-interest stories, blogs, photo essays, articles, social media content and videos; as well as work with the program team and other stakeholders in managing and implementing events/campaigns.
Assist improve the range of CARE Yemen information products available:
- Under supervision from technical supervisor, gather and draft CARE Yemen communication materials including human interest stories, blogs, photo essays, articles and social media content.
- Support Area program teams in the development of products through reviewing and editing of drafts.
- Assist in managing the CARE Yemen webpage through regular posting of information; Ensure page is up to date, accurate, compelling; find innovative methods to attract more visitors to online channels.
- Support Area Office staff in enhancing communication capacities.
Communication Plan & Logistical Support:
- Support logistical processes related to communication product development e.g. field missions, photography, media visits etc.
- Under the guidance of the Area Manager & technical supervisor, support the implementation of an integrated communications plan aligned with program and Area Office priorities.
Communication Support to Area Office:
- Develop Area database of photographs, videos, human interest stories etc. for use by sector and donor.
- Provide in-house translation of communication products; proof-read to ensure accuracy and consistency.
CARE Brand Management:
- Monitor adherence to the brand for all CARE communications.
- Support team members to ensure that all CARE communication materials e.g. publications, handouts, brochures, invitations, power point presentations, email invites etc. meet CARE's and donors' branding criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, languages or business administration.
- Strong data analysis training.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in communication and advocacy
- Working experience with INGOs
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Experience with use of social media and managing public web content in a professional setting
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Good working knowledge of IT and all applications relating to communications & Media.
- High level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- While working independently, able to follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by September 19th, 2019 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Area Communication Assistant - Hajja’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.