Ended Programme Assistant (Protection)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Programme Assistant (Protection)
Organizational Unit : Protection (Protection)
Duty Station : Yemen, Ibb
IOM Classification : M 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2019/157
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Saturday 21, September 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant (Senior Programme Assistant) Ibb, the Programme Assistant in Ibb is required to provide support to the expanding IOM migrant protection programme, coordinate all administrative functions of the Protection Unit, and ensure high quality reporting and monitoring of programmes in accordance with IOM best practice and standards. Technical guidance is provided through the Programme Manager(s) of Community Response and Migrant Protection.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Ibb Protection Programme Assistant, monitor Community Response and Migrant Protection activities are conducted in line with donor requirements and project documents, and that reporting requirements are produced in a timely and to high quality;
- Support smooth implementation of migrant protection activities on the ground by monitoring progress, identifying issues and suggesting mitigation measures;
- Follow up on all administrative matters related to Protection activities; ensure timely procurement of goods and adequate use of resources;
- Liaise with Sana’a based Programme Support Assistant to ensure accurate and timely information collection on programme indicators, achievements, case studies and other relevant information in support of internal and external reporting requirements and programming;
- Collate regular progress data from protection teams in Aden and compile it for internal and external reporting.
- Create and follow up on signatures of PRFs and RFPs; follow up with Procurement and Finance units until the costs are reflected in PRISM, and the PRFs have MIGOs and MIROs;
- Receive, review, and have TAs and TECs of staff members signed; follow up with Finance Unit until the costs are reflected in PRISM;
- Coordinate internal travel requests; liaise with the relevant units to get all necessary authorizations; assist supervisors on any administrative issues with local government authorities, including drafting NV and letters;
- Liaise with sub-offices, field staff and partners with regards to financial transfers and other administrative requests;
- Create, organize and manage the filing system of all Aden Migrant Protection documents, meeting minutes and reports;
- Assist with informal translation of documents and reports from Arabic to English and vice versa as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar field of study from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum Five Years’ Experience (three years for University Degree holders) in project implementation, accounting, finance and/or administrative support roles;
- Experience in coordinating with multiple units and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in Excel and MS word; Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Languages: English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Saturday 21st September 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/157 Ibb, PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (Protection) M5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 08. Sept.2019 to 21. Sept.2019