Ended Health Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Physical Rehabilitation Programme (PRP - Health) Field Officer 2
Contract type : Open Ended.
Duty Station : ADEN
PRP Field Officer 2 contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the Physical Rehabilitation Programme (PRP) in cooperation with the health/PRP team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy (e.g. delegations with remote management) and/or deliver services with autonomy (e.g. hospital settings) and contributes actively to planning and coordinating physical rehabilitation activities at field level.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Implements Physical Rehabilitation programmes within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise.
- Assists the PRP Delegate, PRP Coordinator or PRP Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the physical rehabilitation programme(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and Physical Rehabilitation related threats to the disabled community.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall Physical rehabilitation and contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
- Supports the management of the PRC in order to perform its required duties and to improve its competences in its field of responsibilities.
- Works closely with the centre's store keeper so as to improve the centre stock management notably with the implementation of electronic recording, rigorous organization procedures and annual inventory.
- Participates in training and clinical meetings so as to improve prescription of orthopaedic appliances, assures best clinical practice for prosthetic & orthotic fitting, and promotes physical rehabilitation activities.
- Develops and implements wheelchair program in the south of Yemen according to ICRC guideline.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Ensure disabled community receive the quality of physical rehabilitation services.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of physical rehabilitation programmes. Represents the ICRC vis-à-vis national authorities.
- Internally, interacts with PRP staff (PRP Delegate, PRP Coordinator, Physical Rehabilitation Centre Staff), Head of Delegation/Office, staff at delegation level, relevant Heads of Sector and Programme Coordinators at headquarters. • Externally, interacts with national health authorities, international and local stakeholders (International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners, UN, NGOs) in his/her geographic area or field of responsibility.
- Degree in medicine, nursing, physiotherapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics or other relevant health profession (e.g. psychology, psychiatry).
- Qualifications in public health or health management a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years' of total work experience in field of expertise.
- Good connections with local health authorities, disability/rehabilitation organisations or other groups of interest for the ICRC.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Very good computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: PRP (Health) Field Officer 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 16.09.2019