Ended Internal Audit & Compliance Officer
CARE International is currently seeking an Internal Audit & Compliance Officer who will assist the Internal Auditor in conducting operational, financial and compliance audits.
Internal Audit & Compliance Officer
The purpose of the position of Internal Audit & Compliance Officer is to assist the Internal Auditor in conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls; determine compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations; and participate as a member of special investigation teams when assigned.
- Conduct internal control assessments in finance, admin, procurement, program and HR as assigned by Internal Auditor and based on internal audit plan.
- Visit selected project sites to verify completion status.
- Participate in control self-assessments with other departments.
- Participate in risk assessment workshop sessions
- Prepare draft audit and compliance reports to Internal Auditor in a timely fashion.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly procurement spot checks and highlight noncompliance issues identified.
- Analyze financial expenditure documents to identify compliance issues and flagging
- Review partners’ and consortia financial activities when assigned and participate in sub grantees’ due diligence assessments
- Conduct vetting and due diligence on vendors and partners as assigned.
- Review policies and procedures to determine challenges; e.g. child protection issues.
Promote Gender Equity and Diversity:
- Practice behavior consistent with gender diversity and equity
- Identifying and implementing initiatives that promote gender equity and diversity (recommending diversity in employment, non-discrimination at work place.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Minimum level II of Professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
- 2-3 years of experience working with INGOs
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in auditing and compliance. Skills in procurement and financial audits are desirable.
- High level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Experience in applying audit and compliance principles to NGO settings
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of key donors such as ECHO, OCHA, WFP, USAID, EU, DIFID etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic REQUIRED.
- Excellent computer skills –Microsoft Office Suit (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Very good written and oral English and Arabic skills.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to relate interpersonally effectively with a range of audiences and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and pressure.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated high attention to details.
- Ability to travel across all Yemen governorates.
- Knowledge of the local Yemen context.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by September 19th, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Internal Audit & Compliance Officer. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.