Environmental Health Assistant
Position: Environmental Health Assistant.
Report to: Environmental Health Officer.
Duty Station: Hodeida
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Officer, the EH Assistant Position is a junior level management position that involves planning, and monitoring the proper implementation of the Emergency WASH Response. The position requires the supervision of some WASH work as well as the proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Work closely with Water Management Committees in supporting them to maintain and operate water sources
- Work in close coordination with CH TEAM and follow their reporting as well as supervise community hygiene promoters in areas where health and nutrition are not working.
- Work with Community Health Team to complete focus group discussions with community members to determine most prevalent concerns.
- Act as field focal point for planning and implementation of hygiene promotion activities in communities where IRC implementing WASH programs in coordination with EH Officer in his respective area and in close integration with Community Health Team.
- Assist in the training needs and organize training sessions.
- Identify and report immediately to the EH officer any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives.
- Raise PRS for goods, services or works and closely follow up with Supply chain unit in timely procurement and finance department.
- Guide the hygiene promoters in the implementation of the set action plans. Conduct weekly supervisory meeting with CHVs and Hygiene promoters
- Track and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports;
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required.
- Performs other task as requested by the EH Manager and EH coordinator.
Required qualification and skill
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience in the environmental health and Engineering domain.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Proven supervisory skills. Computer literacy in standard software’s (Word, Excel).
- Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote area.
- Minimum one year professional experience in implementing and supervising WASH project.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: September 23rd, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.