Ended Environmental Health Officer – Hygiene Promotion
Position: Environmental Health Officer – Hygiene Promotion
Report to: Environmental Health Manager.
Duty Station: Sana’a
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Manager, the EH Officer Position is a junior level management position (Based in Sana’a) that involves planning, management and monitoring the proper implementation of the Emergency Hygiene Promotion Response in targeted areas. The position requires professional communication and engagement skill with the communities, and the partners as well as the proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors. She will work in close coordination with community health team to ensure hygiene promotion activities are integrated with WASH targets
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity plans in conjunction with the EH manager.
- Coordinate with local authorities to identify the most needed areas to conduct cleaning campaigns.
- Conduct detail assessments at health facilities to identify the health care waste management needs.
- Supervise and monitor distribution WASH Non-Food Items (NFIs) on health facilities, water management committees, and households.
- Organize and conduct trainings covering health care waste management and water treatment and quality monitoring at health facility level.
- Develop monitoring tools to measure the behavioral changes at communities’ level.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required
- Track and maintain records on all activities related to hygiene promotion campaigns, NFIs distribution, and water test records at health facilities and communities’ levels.
- Coordinate with the community health team for delivery of hygiene promotion services.
- Performs other task as requested by the EH Manager and EH coordinator.
- Closely work with the Health Unit to ensure that the mobile clinics and health facilities have regular access to safe excreta disposal.
- Closely follow up and work closely with the supply chain unit in timely procurement, selection and inspection of EH goods.
- Liaise with Finance Unit in budget preparation and utilization.
Required qualification and skill
- Degree in public health , environmental science Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in the environmental health domain.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Proven supervisory skills. Computer literacy in standard software. (Word, Excel).
- Proven ability to work closely with local communities and authorities.
- Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote areas.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6456
Deadline for Applying: September 23rd, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.