Ended Logistics Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
LOCATION: Ibb and Taiz(Hawban)
JOB FAMILY: Property and Logistics
SALARY: As per salary scale
Duration: till 31 March 2020
LEVEL: C2 National
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: The Logistics Team is responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam’s operations in Ibb / Taiz(Hawban) through management of the Oxfam logistics processes and procedures.
JOB PURPOSE: The role of the Logistics Coordinator (LC) is to provide guidance and management of Oxfam’s Supply and Logistics processes and procedures through ways of working, training, and ongoing communication and collaboration with Field Management Team, Programme, and Support staff. This role provides logistics advice and support for Oxfam’s “One Program” approach including humanitarian, development, and campaign & advocacy. A primary objective of this post is to build capacity and capability through effective mentoring of the logistics staff at all levels of the operation, including communication and training to partner organizations.
Post-holder reports to: administratively to Program Manager & Technically to the Country Logistics Manager.
Staff reporting to this post: Logistics Officer, Procurement Officer, Logistics Assistant
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None but can be delegated to the LC from time to time.
- Impact of work always affects the department, usually the country programme, and sometimes the organization.
- Initiates and develops procedures and advises within specialized field.
- Sets department objectives and standards.
- Manages resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may include people, assets, and/or budgets.
- Provides professional advice to senior managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Influences the development of strategy and ensures and supports operational implementation.
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Has the flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Impact of this role is significant within the department and division(s), and could have some impact Oxfam-wide.
- Contribute to and influence operational planning.
- Influence managers, staff, and volunteers in Oxfam and develop effective networks with external bodies.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of Supply and Logistics activities for the Ibb and Taiz(Hawban).
People management and development:
- Develop the Supply & Logistics staffing plan; Identify skills and knowledge needed, analyses roles and responsibilities, and identify staffing gaps.
- Manage Supply & Logistics recruitments in-country including casual labour, in line with Oxfam Policies and local laws and regulations
- Periodically input in the review and revision of Supply & Logistics Job description and role profile.
- Manage, develop, and monitor team and individual objectives and work plans.
- Apply appropriate leadership style(s) to a given situation.
- Analyze the learning and development needs of self and others in Supply & Logistics Team
- Support staff in their career development and progression
- Manage the process of logistics induction and training of newly recruited staff.
Ensure visibility of the Supply & Logistics function and activities, by collating and disseminating Supply & Logistics reports.
- Tailor information on supply chain performance and use a range of approaches to influence different management audiences
- Use tools/systems, including KPIs, to review and analyses the supply chain and processes periodically to identify key risk and improvement areas
- Anticipate and coordinate requirements for institutional donor reporting.
- Lead on the assessment and monitoring of Supply & Logistics capacity in partner organizations.
- Ensure that the design and delivery of supply with implementing partners is collaborative
- Coordinate activities and resources with implementing partners in order to achieve common objectives.
- Assess and monitor learning and development needs for partner organizations.
- Manage, develop, and implement learning interventions for partners.
Project supply planning & review:
In collaboration with the program manager, design an appropriate supply structure, in line with Oxfam standards and procedures:
- Throughout the project cycle, provide information for the (re-)planning of supply activities, including in the early stages of new programmes and donor proposals.
- Periodically review the effectiveness and quality of the supply process
- Maintain a risk register for the supply chain in projects and prepare mitigating actions.
- Use supply chain information systems to analyses and select data to prepare management information.
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate all procurement activities, in line with Oxfam standards and procedures and donor requirements, including but not limited to establishing a supplier data base and framework agreements.
- Develop KPI's for measuring the performance of suppliers, and coordinate improvements to supplier performance.
- Provide advice & information to other departments on the commercial requirements of international trade.
Project stock management & delivery:
- Given current and projected programme needs, security requirements and health and safety procedures, assess appropriate warehouse location, and design and setup the layout, staffing structure, and record keeping system.
- Supervise, manage and coordinate all warehouse and distribution related activities.
- Ensure timely reporting on material usage and stock level status, and coordinate periodic reviews of minimum stock with project managers.
- Manage the fleet management function, ensuring that the operation complies with the relevant local regulations governing transport and Oxfam standards and procedures.
- Use fleet management systems to monitor costs and performance and prepare management reports.
- Asset & equipment inventory management
- Manage and coordinate the planning, management, maintenance, and disposal of assets and inventory, in line with Oxfam standards and procedures, and donor requirements.
Communication and Security:
- Manages delegated security related activities.
- Leads on security related staff evacuation plans and required hibernation stocks for country program.
- Works closely with the security focal point in managing fleet and people movement all the times, ensuring that required communications systems put in place.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Qualifications (Bachelor degree) and extensive experience in logistics related skills as listed above (producing supply plans and managing supplies, including quote & tender process management, team management and support, warehouse, vehicle fleet management, security awareness and communications).
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- A proven record of effective management of people and resources, including planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills, and good interpersonal and team skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Experience of management/supervisory responsibilities, including support to development of others (including mentoring/ coaching, and team building experience).
- Previous overseas work experience, ideally operational and non – operational programme management context.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Experience in insecure environments, and knowledge of the principles of security management.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender practice.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into logistics programmes an advantage.
- Experience in tenders for engineering construction work
- Security management experience
To apply, please click the following link on Oxfam's website: