Ended Supply Assistant
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Based in Sana’a under the direct management of the Supply Officer, organize and ensure an efficient logistical support in the base and check the follow up of all HI Supply Chain procedures (Procurement management, stock management, transport management).
- Support the Supply Officer in the following field of activities:
- Procurement Management (PSRs, PFUs, CFU, contracts, reporting, …);
- Stock Management (SFU, Reconciliation, Monitoring, reporting,…)
- Transport Management
Line manager: Supply Officer
Line manager+1: Supply Manager
Supervision: Daily workers (occasional)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Ensure a good application of HI procurement procedures:
- Carry out on a daily basis the administrative processes of logistics (edition of purchases documents, procurement process documents, PFU, filing and administration…).
- Maintain good communication lines within the Logistics team and different departments.
- Report, Audit and Administer in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Perform daily printing, scanning and auditing of files.
- In link with Supply Officer edit a weekly activity report and forecast (Procurement and PFU) to send to Logistics Manager and Logistics coordination Team
- Support Supply Officer on establishment and editing of framework contracts, monthly PSR, market assessment, prices catalogue creation and supplier list.
Management of purchases:
- Ensure that the collected documents are compliant with HI procedures: supplier stamp, signature...etc.
- Make sure HI procurement rules are respected
- Support Supply Officer when requested to manage high amount PSR in link with Logistics coordination team
- Ensure packing list and waybill for the items sent to HI projects are issued and properly used.
- Assure PFU for Aden base (purchases follow-up) is updated on a daily basis and share with Logistics coordination team
- Support supply officer when requested to manage Contract and framework agreement follow-up for Aden base and update it on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the weekly treasury plan for all payments including the monthly, weekly...etc, under the supervision of the line manager and send request to Aden Finance Department.
- Assure that all purchase files are completed
- Assure that all supply follow up documents are well updated (CFU-PFU-SFU) and send weekly to Logistics coordination team.
- Report any difficulty/issue with supplier to line manager
- Work on market assessment with purchaser and provide a catalogue and detailed price list when requested by line manager
- Ensure a good management of the stock, stationeries and welfare. (Reception of the local freight at office, Check-up and classification of all delivery notes…etc.)
- Make sure the storage management documents are compliant with HI procedures (when it is the case): Bin cards, stock items request, stock cards, Delivery Notes.
- Compile the weekly inventories from the base and HFs
- Works in collaboration with supply Manager and projects regarding stock movements and stock follow up and documentation.
- Manage Aden stock and make sure that all documents are present and well filled and filed.
- Ensure that Stock follow up (SFU) is daily updated, as well as all documents (Bin card, Stock Card, …)
- Ensure that the warehouse is clean and well organized as well as the different stocks in the different HFs.
- Ensure to select the proper vehicle according to volume and vehicle condition in link with supply.
- Ensure to select appropriate and good number of daily workers according to the activity in link with supply.
- Work closely with projects and supply officer to provide weekly updated reconciliation tools to be sent to coordination
MANAGEMENT OF GOOD TRANSPORTATION:
- In link with Supply Officer manage the transport of goods to/from Sana’a warehouse.
- In link with Supply Officer ensure to select the proper vehicle according to volume and vehicle condition.
- In link with Supply Officer ensure to select appropriate and good number of daily workers according to the activity.
- In link with Supply Officer, Logistics Manager and Security Officer/Manager ensure to have the proper documentation for transportation of goods (waybill, clearance letter, authorizations,…)
- Support Supply Officer on management of customs clearances if requested.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following: Sunday to Thursday – 8.00 to 4.30 (with 30 minutes lunch break)
Note that the working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the local labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
As the position is involved in sensitive topics, he/ she must observed absolute discretion within and outside the organization.
A non-respect of this clause might have immediate dismissal as a result.
Any breach of the above mentioned responsibilities, of the Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Sana’a, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/SUPASSIST/SANAA/YEMEN+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Monday 16th September 2019
Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.