Ended Nutrition Coordinator Assistant
Position: Nutrition Coordinator Assistant
Job site: Al-Turbah - Al-Shamaytain and Al-Ma’afer districts–Taiz governorate
Reports to: Nutrition Activity Coordinator
Supervisor of: Nutrition Team
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Program Title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
With the support and supervision of the Nutrition Activity Coordinator the assistant is responsible for the supervision of the project activities in the assigned area and for the supervision of the projects’ teams according to relevant principles and minimum standards.
- Conduct joint capacity assessment using CMAM quality monitoring checklist with district/Governorate health officers
- Conduct quarterly assessment of CMAM service provision in the health facilities and communities.
- Periodic capacity assessment of internal team members
- Ensure joint coordination with WASH and protection sectors and other complementary inter players
- Monitor if mothers/caretakers are given adequate information regarding their child health status and importance of the treatment
- Closely monitor if health workers are following admission and discharge criteria in line with the national CMAM protocol (international in case there are no valid national protocol available)
- Closely monitor if admission procedures are respected in line with the CMAM guidelines
- Closely monitor that appropriate systematic treatment protocol is respected in the health facility for SAM/MAM treatment and treatment of childhood illnesses
- Closely monitor that beneficiaries are receiving adequate therapeutic and medicine supplies according to the CMAM/IMCI guideline
- Conduct 10 FGD (Focal Group Discussion) monthly, with beneficiaries in the health facilities
- Conduct 10 FGD (Focal Group Discussion) monthly with beneficiaries that receive awareness massages in CBOs to assess the quality of the session done by IYCF Promoters.
- Monitor for appropriate documentation – treatment registers, BNF cards, individual child monitoring cards
- Observe if medically complicated SAM cases are referred to stabilization centers; discharged SAM cases are referred to MAM treatment program
- Closely monitor if all defaulters, non-responder cases are referred to community health workers/volunteers or community mobilizers for follow up using home visit forms
- Advocate and guide health workers/ counselors to facilitate IYCF counseling sessions during each distribution day in the health facilities for the caretakers, PLWs
- Provide on the job training to nutrition staff and community health workers, planning and implementation of relevant training especially in CMAM and IYCEF programs.
- M&E of the awareness sessions done through the CBOs to enhance the performance of IYCF Promoter.
- Support the Nutrition AC in the implementation of the Nutrition awareness sessions in CFS.
- Organize smooth project supplies; ordering, stocking, and distribution and monitoring of consumption and weekly and monthly reporting on consumption
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to Nutrition Activity Coordinator
- Monitor and ensure the movement plan of CHVs done by Nutrition AC.
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Provide regular supervision of supported OTP/SFP/IYCF teams and community health workers including data collection/records of beneficiaries and project activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to project objectives
- Provide regular updates and reports to Nutrition Activity Coordinator and others as required
- Support in Mobile team preparation and ensure drug and vaccine stock are secured
Qualifications & Skills:
- Certificate of Nursing is required.
- Diploma or Certificate in Nutrition is required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience at least
- Work experience in nutrition as emergency response projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
- Deadline for submission of application: 20 Sept 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!