Ended Transport and Customs Officer
VACANCY: Transport and Customs Officer
Position status: Full-time
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods for a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Liasing with the MSF Djibouti team to arrange transportation of cargos from Djibouti to Sanaa.
- Preparing document files for each cargo and submitting to the clearing agent.
- Following the status of the clearance process and updating the weekly cargo follow up file.
- Providing the green light for bookings from Djibouti once the final customs clearance approvals are received.
- Archiving of all documents relating to transportation and customs.
- Essential secondary education
- At least 2 years' experience in supply chain related jobs or in the logistics department
- Essential mission working language and local language
- Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation ,Teamwork and Cooperation ,Behavioural Flexibility Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID, degree, experience certificates to:
msfch-yemen-LogCo@geneva.msf.org Subject: “Transport and Customs Officer 2019_01_06”
Deadline for submitting applications is at 5:00 PM, 18th Sep 2019
Please note that only complete applications will be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted