Ended Logistics Assistant
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Ibb&Taiz Office
- International medical corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development program. International medical corps is implementing a health, nutrition and WASH program in Yemen.
- The Logistics Assistant works under the supervision and guidance of the Logistics Manager.
- Shall accurately process requisitions, obtain quotations from the suppliers, compile procurement documents, and procure approved goods and services.
- Liaise with the Warehouse officer to prepare warehousing procedures, including proper receiving, issuing of stocks, and assure that stock cards and bin cards are updated.
- Carry out regular updates of the assets and inventory and prepare monthly, quarterly reports and submit to the Logistics Manager.
- Follows up regarding the payments to suppliers and communicates with warehouse and fleet to ensure supplies are delivered to the requestor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify that all required signatures are there and the signatory names and dates are written besides signatures.
- Reviewing the PRs before receiving in terms of Specification, delivery time line and estimation cost.
- Numbering the procurement requisitions received.
- Registering the new PRs received in procurement tracking sheet as well (Online & excel).
- Working with warehouse officer while receiving items from vendors by submitting copy of PR and PO.
- Liaise with the Warehouse officer to prepare warehousing procedures, including proper receiving, issuing of stocks updated stock and bin cards.
- Register all the new assets in assets Inventory List as per donor / grant.
- Ensure that assets are assigned to an IMC user through the assets Handover form and update accordingly in the asset list.
- Maintain report for damaged assets to the line manager and ensure the availability of documentation.
- Carry out regular updates of the assets and inventory and prepare monthly, quarterly reports and submitted to the line manager.
- Working closely with program staff to implement and achieve the activities in timely manner.
- Personally see the procurement procedure is implemented accurately and correctly “A copy of IMC’s procurement guidelines are available in the logistics department”.
- Make RFQs and distribute them to the market, then collect the quotes from the market independently and self-sufficiently.
- Maintaining the processes of the documentation of the distribution and submission of the RFQs through using the IMC forms.
- Maintaining Micro purchases and Assisting in implementing procurements above 1K as IMC threshold under the supervision of the supervisor.
- Filling out bid summaries, comparison charts waivers, sole source justification and POs and submitting them to the supervisors for final review and for issuing MEMO in case a waver is used.
- Assisting in preparing of supplying/constructing contracts.
- Ask for signatures as per the proper procurement procedures.
- Assist in delivery of the POs to the selected supplier and ask for signature on the PO as well as the purchase terms and conditions, the provide the supplier a copy of the PO as a proof.
- Inform the warehouse officer if the requested items are delivered to prepare the GRN and give a hand if needed.
- After any process is done make a copy or scan the all related documents for any process to be archived.
- provide a full documentation to the finance and co-ordinate that the payment is done in a timely manner.
- Receive the samples and register them to the sample log-book as well as keep the in the sample room.
- Ensure that the procurement is completed accurately in best possible timeframe.
- In collaboration with the finance and logistics department and based on “test of transaction “provided by the audit department. The procurement assistant must provide the documents and information missing in procurement files.
Selection of suppliers: the procurement assistant MUST:
- Know the local market and available suppliers.
- Assist in selection the best suppliers based in cost, time, quality, service post sales and compatibility with IMS standards.
- Support in performance recording for the suppliers by using the VRT form.
- Use all the means of communication available in the most efficient manners to contact with suppliers and request quotes.
Reporting and documentation:
- At the end of each week, Logistics assistant will Assist the procurement officer in updating the excel PTS.
- Maintain a daily updating for the online PTS.
- Maintaining the vendor catalog files.
- Implementing a Bridger insight screen out to all new vendors or in case the expiry of validation of the existed ones.
- At the end of each month provide un updated registration forms for all new or existed vendors to the line manager.
- Assist in preparing the quarterly report of the Procurement Compliance Check List report.
- Ensure All procurement operation are fully documented in well-organized system.
- Conduct any other duties assigned by the line manager if needed and within the capability of the employee.
IMC Logistics procedures are implemented in the IMC office of assignment.
- Safety & Security :
- Implementation of IMC security policies.
- Report immediately to the line manager and the security department in case of any violation or expected risks or hazards.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Degree in supply chain or any related administrative field.
- Strong organizational communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least two years of progressively working experience in same field or any related field.
- Excellent in numeracy skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft excel and outlook.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English skills.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Interested candidates may please send their CV in English to: IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and you need to write the title of the position in the "email subject line"