Ended Supply and Transport Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
transport and customs supervisor for our supply department
Location: based in Aden; supporting for the projects in the south of Yemen
Contract duration: 6 months, possibility of extension
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to Hierarchical: logistic team leader
Reports to (Functional): logistic team leader
Key of responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project), ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a forwarding agent for the mission by ensuring all the importation process in liaison with clearing agents through follow-ups of all importation process in order to release the goods as fast as possible. Being the focal person of the Ministry of Health for the import license by providing all the details on the content of the importations
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the others sections. Organizing regular market consultations and tenders on transport local market (Road , Air …)
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing the shipment of goods purchased locally and managing all related administration documents
- Communicating with customers, prioritizing transport according to their needs.
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the daily workers, defining each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Essential technical diploma, in supply chain or transport
At least 2 to 3 years' experience in supply.
English and Arabic languages essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Stress Management
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit:
1- Cover Letter (mention the date of availability in cover letter)
Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France
Please send your application to email@example.com
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “transport and customs supervisor’’
Deadline for application: 19th September 2019 – 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.