The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated WASH project portfolio according to plan of action and implementation Plan. Prepare project activity plans-detailed implementation plans, procurement plans and activity schedules.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents related to the project and programme.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses’ new and better ways to assist. Supervise and monitor the beneficiary selection for WASH related activities and ensuring that it is compliant with the Country strategy and NRC’s Mandate.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement with the CC specialists and other NRC colleagues.
- Facilitate in community meetings and support community mobilization; communicate with leaders, Sheiks, Akils and Imams on key community interventions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Governorate, District and other governance structures at community level for communication and intervention clarity.
- Facilitate/train community volunteers on WASH Approaches. Coordinate/share plans with the cluster partners, NGOs/INGOs/UN agencies and Govt Line agencies to avoid any duplication of project activities or service provision.
Specific responsibilities :
- Help plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and surveys, and provide feedback on the findings from the various project stakeholders.
- Coordinate/share plans with the cluster partners, NGOs/INGOs/UN agencies and Govt Line agencies to avoid any duplication of project activities or service provision.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the Education and Food Security sectors.
- Preparation of reports, supervise data collection within beneficiary communities to ensure impartiality and clarity of information collected.
- Take responsibility for tracking and financial expenditures for technical activities under WASH.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities at site.
- Train and develop team (especially the assistance and outreach workers).
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Take technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities.
- Prepare/supervise WASH activities in line with Designs BOQs and TORs.
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- Feed into and follow detailed project implementation plans and tracking documents .
- Coordinate with relevant partners (local authorities, community leaders and other NGOs/INGOs) .
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
- Technical background in WASH and a University Degree in Engineering .
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) and competent in email communication with MS Outlook or Other related software.
- Elementary knowledge on budgeting and accounting.
- Good understanding of common hygiene promotion and sanitation approaches.
- Knowledge and understanding of sphere and Sphere standards.
- Ability to use AutoCAD programme.
- Planning and delivering results within the communities of Intervention.
- Empowering and building trust among peers, stakeholders and other NGO Colleagues.
- Communicating with impact and respect confidently.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Excellent Community mobilization skills.
- Good diplomatic skills and tact for community engagement.
- Able to work under pressure and for extended working hours.
- Strong leader and a good team player.
We can offer
one year with possibility of renewal upon funds availability.
To apply,please click here: