Ended Fundraising Assistant
Position name: Fundraising Assistant
Field medical foundation (FMF)
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Term of Reference
Under the direct supervision of the Fundraising Officer, the principal function of this post is to assist in providing data and analysis to support fundraising for the organization and Contribute to the development of fundraising plans and strategy.
Field Medical Foundation is a non-governmental, voluntary and non-profit Foundation which is leading interested in providing health services to the citizens, and developing health service provided through proper health awareness, as well as through the establishment of training camps in different medicinal and preventive fields and provide therapeutic feeding for malnourished children.
The objectives of FMF are: Activating the principle of voluntary work, provide health care for all, to contribute to the relief of those affected by disaster, training of health workers and rehabilitate them and community awareness of everything that harms their health from diseases and disasters that can be avoided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main tasks of the Fundraising Assistant are:
- Provide regular data selections, reports and analyses from the database to support fundraising;
- Provide data and analysis to assist with budget setting, including researching of costs and income projections.
- Create new opportunities with donors, and donors mapping to support fundraising;
- Assist with internal and external fundraising research;
- Deliver high standards of supporter care, including responding to donor correspondence and queries;
- Provide support on donor recruitment activities;
- Contribute to donor appeals and communications, including: drafting and editing copy, proof reading copy, checking materials for print, dealing with fulfilment and monitoring and evaluating responses;
- Contribute to planning of donor journeys;
- Contribute to the development of fundraising plans and strategy;
- Capacity building of FMF staff if needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in planning and preparing proposals and grant application that have been approved for funding.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Sound knowledge of the current funding and business environment in Yemen and the donors that are presently funding projects here.
- Familiarity with sources of funding for projects related to humanitarian crisis.
- Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors, including Logical Framework Analysis.
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach and have excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet)
- Strong knowledge of English (Spoken and Written).
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org )