Ended Field Logistics Support Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Field Logistics Support Officer
Duration: 6 months
- To facilitate the implementation of project-related field logistics activities, mainly supporting logistics activities in the field level
- Play back-up role for fleet and compound management and Log base
Objective 1: carryout procurement related activities in coordination with program and supply chain
General procurement support:
- Follow up order and contract management with supplier, program and supply chain
- Facilitate good communication between supply chain and program managers on procurement and delivery of items to programs
- Coordinate receiving from supplier or distribution to beneficiaries at field level
- Process specific procurement as assigned by the supervisor
- Collect quotations from filed locations and or purchase required items at field level as per ACF procedures
- Ensure that items are received at field level and documentations are organized properly
- Process goods receive note and work completion certificate in coordination with program
- Anticipate the logistics needs of ACF program sites in collaboration with the program manager
Construction and rehabilitation procurement:
- Ensure that all work related to construction or rehabilitation in ACF project sites is following ACF procedures
- Monitor the implementation of construction and rehabilitation work by ACF- contracted Contractor in order to ensure the work is conducted according to the agreed BoQs
- Liaise with contractors in collaboration with Supply Chain Officers and under the supervision of the base logistics management
- Report any issues with contractors (failure to meet BoQ specifications, delays in implementation, etc) to program managers and base logistics managers
- Participate in the kick off meetings during construction sites handover to contractors.
- Ensure contractors comply with work schedules agreed and other contractual obligations.
- Ensure all decisions made during the visits must be clearly documented and to be reported to the Logistics Mnager for determination. No verbal decisions will be tolerated at all at any stage.
- Manage possible conflicts during implementation period and report appropriately to the Logistics Manager and Field Coordinator.
- Archiving all documents during the works implementation.
- Participate in Conducting and planning for intermediary visits on site.
Objective 2: organize transportation and field distribution
- Coordinate Receive Stock Release Orders from Program Managers and Stock Keeper and transport to field level as per logistics procedures
- Assess transportation requirement and provide information to program and fleet manager
- Prepare a monthly transportation plan and prepare related logistics plan as per program distribution plan
- Coordinate loading from warehouse or supplier location and transport to field level
- Organize unloading at field level and assist program for distribution and documentations management
- Coordinate Stock Management as back-up of store keeper
Objective 3: maintenance of program facilities
- Assist programs to assess maintenance requirement and prepare BoQ
- Execute maintenance work either directly by ACF or by selected contractor
- Ensure quality of the work as per agreed specification / BoQ and work completion certificate as per work done
Objective 4: contribute in fleet management
- Act as back-up for fleet management and compound management in absence of senior fleet and logistics officer.
- Coordinate program and logistics to assess and understand real vehicle need for the program in the field
- Assist fleet officer to prepare movement plan for weekly and monthly basis
- Assist fleet officer in fleet management issues at field level
- Monitor vehicle movement at field level and report to fleet officer
Objective 5: others logistics support
- Regular movement to field location to coordinate and support logistics activities
- Provide logistics support activities as required by ACF Aden logistics department
QUALIFICATIONS & Experience
Education: Bachelor in Business Administration / Engineering / Commerce
Experience: 2 year of experience in logistics and supply chain, some experience in construction will be added value
Required Skills & Competencies
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain
- Knowledge of Warehouse and Stock management
- Hard worker with can do attitude
- Ability to organize priorities
- Flexible in work
- MS Office package with hands on Excel
- Fluency in English
- Level of the position: Technician
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid
- Transportation allowance
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “ Aden ” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to: email@example.com or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 14th October 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.