Ended Deputy Logistics Manager
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Logistics Manager
Duration: 6 months
- This Position is overall responsible for logistics management at base level under the direct supervision of Logistics Manager at Base and will also act as Logistics Manager during his absence from the base. This Position has supervisory role at base level with matrix management on technical functions.
- Supervision & management of the Logistics department in through providing the leadership & technical support in order to ensure the implementation of the supply management procedures with accordance to ACF KitlogV3.7 procedures, and guarantee the good respect of ACF charter rules and regulation.
- Ensure the logistics functions are smooth and rules procedures are respected. Ensuring the best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records and archiving for compliance and audit reporting.
Objective 1: Manage logistics team and operational logistics
- Supervision of the logistics team as delegated by Logistics Manager
- Act as in charge of Logistics Manager during his absence in office
- Solve regular logistics operational problem
- Build a logistics information network
- Prepare action plan for the team and track performance follow-up
- Performance appraisal for the direct supervises
- Capacity building of the team members on technical and core management issues
Objective 2: Procurement and supply chain management
- In charge of dealing with importation process and custom clearance in coordination with freight forwarder and ACF liaison office.
- Organize procurements process for goods / works / services as per requirement
- Ensure that all procurement carried out by following Kit Log / Donors procedure
- Follow-up on ACF procurement software LINK and ensure regular update of LINK and Procurement follow -up (PFU) properly for monitoring of all procurements
- Manage supplier database and ensure regular updating of supplier data base and files
- Manage framework agreements for all regular supplies
- Validate the purchases where required (as per authorized signature form)
- Manage Contract Follow-up – and ensure all the contracts are done and payments are paid in time
- Support the program team in drafting Project Procurement Plan (PPP) / Supply Plan (SP)
- Ensure that Supply Plans updated on regular basis
Objective 3: Goods transportation management
- Ensure all transportation conducted by following the procedures outlined in Kit Log
- Establish a list of transport service provider for the base
- Ensure that team follow the safety standards for safe transportation of material
- Provide support to field teams on transport issues
Objective 4: Vehicles and generator management
- Manage vehicle rental contracts as per ACF procedures and contracts are done in time
- Ensure vehicle movement and maintenances are done as per ACF procedures
- Ensure that vehicles are adequately equipped with the necessary safety and security tools.
- Ensure fuel stock management and minimum stock is in place as per procedures
- Ensure that log sheets for vehicle and generator is properly used and verified before reporting
- Monitor fuel utilization efficiencies and vehicle & generator is operated and maintained properly
- Review monthly vehicle/generator reports outlining fuel usage, maintenance cost per generator and vehicle hire cost
Objective 5: Stock management
- Oversee the stock management as delegated by Logistics Manager
- Provide technical support to the supply chain team regarding stock management
- Ensure warehouse maintenance is done as per standard and in routine basis
- Ensure the management of stocks / warehouses as per procedures outlined in Kit Log
- Ensure that all documentation related to stock management available
Objective 6: Equipment / Asset and Inventory management:
- Ensure Equipment is managed as per ACF policy and procedures
- Ensure that Equipment list is updated all the time
- Ensure that all ACF assets, equipment and premises Inventory are well maintained
- Lainson with Capital ICT for consolidation of Equipment list and reconciliation.
- Ensure that Physical verification of equipment and inventory is done on quarterly basis.
- Recommend Inventory for disposal and ensure that the necessary paper work is prepared
Objective 7: Building and premises management
- All contracts are prepared and payment is paid in right time
- A building maintenance plan is in place
- All safety security measures are implemented with importance
- Ensure the buildings in good working order
- Ensure all electrical and utility network are functional in safe way
Objective 8: Accountability & Reporting
- Consolidate monthly Logistics Reports as per ACF procedures
- Logistics Budget management as delegated by Logistics Manager
- Check weekly and monthly reports and provide feedback
- Ensure the availability of all Logistics documentation / record for audit purpose
- Ensure the proper archiving of all logistics record
QUALIFICATIONS & Experience
Education: Bachelor in Business Administration / Engineering / Commerce
Experience: 5 year of experience in logistics and supply chain including 2 years of experience in management level
Required Skills & Competencies
- Team management
- Leadership and problem solving
- Advance knowledge of procurement and supply chain
- Advanced knowledge on import and customs clearance processes
- Knowledge of Warehouse and Stock management including medicines storing
- Knowledge on vehicle fleet design and follow up
- Hard worker with can do attitude
- Ability to organize priorities
- Flexible in work
- MS Office package with hands on Excel
- Fluency in English
- Level of the position: Manager
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid
- Transportation allowance
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “ Aden ” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 14th October 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.