Ended Project Health Information and MEAL Officer
Job Title: Project Health Information and MEAL Officer
Location: Aden Hub
Reporting to(Direct Line Manger ): Nutrition Project Manager
Technical Line Manger: MEAL Coordinator
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 26 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2019 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The MHIS officer is responsible for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of HA nutrition project, more specifically under Nutrition and Protection clusters. She/he will coordinate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and participate in M&E networks through the clusters.
She/he will assist the programme team and MEAL in setting up systems and mechanisms for monitoring the projects’ indicators, deliverables and regularly gathering stakeholders’ feedback. The MHIS officer will support the MEAL coordinator and Programme Manager in project documentation, reflection and reporting processes to ensure that identified gaps are addressed and contribute to project improvement. During the course of this role, it is expected from the candidate to do the following:
- Establish and design HIS system across all project’s including feedback mechanism
- Coordinated all HIS activities (through data collection and reporting) across all HA projects.
- Developed Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems
- Conduct Field visits
- Designed a rigorous internal programme data quality assurance system
- Ensured and/or improved the standardization of data collection
- Developed tools for need assessment, monitoring, evaluation and collection of success stories
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Establish and design HIS system for project
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to ensure the implementation of HIS and MEAL system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring data
- Assist in developing Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems in collaboration with MEAL coordinator, project managers, and programmes team.
- Assist in designing and implementing an internal data quality assurance system.
- Qualify and improve the standardization of the data collected. Ensure cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, inclusion, protection etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
- Develop the necessary tools for need assessments, data collection and monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Contribute to and/or carry out the rapid needs assessments on key projects during the project lifecycle to investigate further opportunities for interventions.
- Ensure data is collected and analysed regularly (with associated reporting) to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner.
- Take a lead role in the coordination of all evaluations and research activities including conducting of baselines and final project evaluations.
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs and framework for evaluation and research activities.
- Ensuring the implementation of Complaint Response Mechanisms for Human Appeal (Field and project level) in Aden Hub.
- Assist in collecting data through comprehensive and multi-sectorial needs assessments for the development of new project proposals.
- Collecting learning and valuable lessons .in addition to Success stories learnt to be fed in new project development.
Reporting and Communications
- Ensure reports are submitted to MEAL coordinator and Programs managers on time.
- Coordinate and consolidate internal reports of Aden hub and submit them on time to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and contribute to baseline surveys, quarterly and annual reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, presentations, etc. for the HA as well as other audiences.
- Collaborate with M&E manager and program team to analyse monitoring/evaluation findings and associated reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Programmes team in collecting success stories and lessons learned and in developing case studies.
- Identify and document interventions and initiatives that can be replicated or scaled up.
- Responsible for collating, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt to internal stakeholders.
- Work with the project and MEAL mission to assist in developing a strong project MEAL system in the Nutrition sectors and provide support to other sectors in the Human Appeal mission whenever possible.
- Continuously build a capacity of project staff, monitors, data entry, and enumerators in data collection and use through training, advice and support.
- Regularly document lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, monitoring and evaluation with project staff.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Health , Nutrition with IT or any other similar field
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working as MEAL or HIS officer preferably in health and nutrition projects for donors such as OCHA or WHO.
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Experience in areas of MEAL and knowledge management related to programs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Working knowledge of MEAL systems, word processing spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and databases.
- Have a good experience with KOBO ODK and other data collection tools
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to manage other team members e.g. HIS project staff, volunteers etc.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work in the field and remotely (travel expected to project sites as well as field office coordination).
- Familiarity with Minimum standards for child protection in humanitarian action, Sphere and INEE standards, etc.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
- Aden Hub ( traveling is expected to implementations sites )
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14/ 10 / 2019