DIRECTORATE-GENERAL FOR EUROPEAN CIVIL PROTECTION & HUMANITARIAN AID OPERATIONS (ECHO)
The European Commission’s DG - European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channeled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit a National Staff to be based in Sanaa- Yemen for the following position.
Programme Assistant – ref. SAH-PA-2019-01
- A relevant university degree or equivalent professional experience preferable in International Relation, or alternatively in Political Science, Economics & Development Studies, Social Sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations., including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO's, donor or national/international organisation;
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system;
- Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure in a multitasking position;
- Ability to travel inside Yemen on regular project monitoring visits and outside Yemen when necessary.
- An excellent knowledge of English (verbal & writing).
- An excellent knowledge of Arabic (verbal & writing).
- The job holder carries out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response. The job holder contributes to assessments, monitoring and evaluations of projects, as well as to the analysis of the humanitarian context in the area of coverage.
This is a local position opened to nationals and other residents of Yemen with valid work and residence permits. Interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter, a detailed CV (EUROPASS), academic and employment certificates. Documents should be uploaded through www.akhtaboot.com until 18/10/2019 midnight Local Time Yemen at the latest. The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by
01/11/2019 should consider that they have not been selected.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.”
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.