DIRECTORATE-GENERAL FOR EUROPEAN CIVIL PROTECTION & HUMANITARIAN AID OPERATIONS (ECHO)
The European Commission’s DG - European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channeled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit a National Staff to be based in Sanaa- Yemen for the following position.
Driver– ref. SAH-DRV-2019- 02
- Secondary education or equivalent. Must have a valid driver’s license that enable driving in the country of assignment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience driving 4wheel drives, with a safe driving record;
- Specific driving experience in the country and governorates;
- Basic knowledge of protocol rules and procedures;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure in a multitasking position;
- Knowledge of communication equipment such radio, GPS is an advantage
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage.
- Fluency in English (verbal).
- A Good knowledge of Arabic
- The job holder drives the office vehicle for transporting authorised personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the ECHO office.
This is a local position opened to nationals and other residents of Yemen with valid work and residence permits. Interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter, a detailed CV (EUROPASS), academic and employment certificates. Documents should be uploaded through www.akhtaboot.com until 18/10/2019 midnight Local Time Yemen at the latest. The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by
01/11/2019 should consider that they have not been selected.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.”
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.