Ended Senior Curriculum and Materials Development Officer
Senior Curriculum and Materials Development Officer
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Senior Curriculum and Materials Development Officer to oversee all reading and math improvement related activities for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen.
- Delivery of quality curriculum and teaching and learning materials through effective collaboration with the Ministry of Education of Yemen.
- Development of supervisory and monitoring tools used to measure teacher performance and student learning.
- Liaise with Ministry of Education officials to ensure a coordinated approach to reading across the curriculum across program regions.
- Provide overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction and math;
- Supervise the production of all program reading and math material, all supported trainings in reading, all teacher and classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts;
- Ensures complementarity of activity approaches in reading and math across all program regions, liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
- Work closely with other project technical experts.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a master’s degree in education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading. Ph.D. in education with a focus on early childhood education and/or early grade learning preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience in programs that work specifically to improve reading is required;
- Experience with the development of reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, is required;
- Experience with supporting civil society-based monitoring of reading outcomes; and
- Arabic and English language fluency required.
Local candidates strongly preferred.
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
To Apply, please visit the following link: