Ended Senior System Strengthening Specialist
Senior System Strengthening Specialist
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Senior System Strengthening Specialist to oversee all systems and policy-related activities for a for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Strategic objectives co-created for education service delivery and aligned with Teacher Education Project goals.
- Development of priority systems and procedures/ protocols for education quality and management, including: operations and administration, school quality and support, and monitoring and accountability.
- Increase institutional capacity to implement systems for service delivery at all levels.
- Strong collaborative working relationships established among key government officials.
- Data management systems strengthened.
- Data dissemination and utilization improved.
- Facilitate a process with governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing education policy frameworks, especially for access to, quality instruction for, and better management of primary schooling;
- Work with government agencies to provide systems and procedures to sustain existing policy initiatives and facilitate development and implementation of new policies, particularly in the areas of operations and administration, school quality and support, and monitoring and accountability;
- Support development, implementation and monitoring of policy action plans;
- Facilitate policy review meetings with regard to systems strengthening and develop tools to assess impact;
- Improve the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively manage and monitor education service delivery;
- Provide coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring; and
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through workshops involving government education officials; community meetings; IT; paper publications; and ongoing media campaigns.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Public Policy or related field. PhD degree strongly preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing policy frameworks, preferably in the field of education;
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and governorate levels;
- Demonstrated expertise in national system planning and budgeting;
- Demonstrated expertise in systems development and roll-out;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Experience in developing and using monitoring and accountability systems;
- Knowledge in data management, analysis and report writing; and
- Arabic and English language fluency required.
Local candidates strongly preferred.
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
To Apply, please visit the following link: