Ended Training and Professional Development Officer
Training and Professional Development Officer
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Yemen
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks Training and Professional Development Officers for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen. The Training and Professional Development Officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at all operational and service levels. The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management. These positions will be based in the following provinces: Sana’a, Amran, Aden/Al Dhal’e, and Lahj.
- Lead integrated working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of governorate-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed.;
- Work closely with the Curriculum and TLM Specialist to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas.
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data including quarterly reports and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data;
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with government counterparts, and with other project technical staff to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major governorate meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education;
- At least five (5) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office applications; and
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
Local national candidates strongly preferred.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
To apply, kindly visit the following link: