System Strengthening Officer
System Strengthening Officer
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Yemen
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks four System Strengthening Officers for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen, to be based in the following governates: Sana’a, Amran, Aden/Al Dhale’e, and Lahj. The System Strengthening Officer will be responsible for coordinating all systems and policy-related activities in their assigned governate.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Senior Systems Strengthening Specialist.
- Strategic objectives met through effective implementation of activities.
- Increase institutional capacity to implement systems for service delivery at the local governorate level.
- Strong collaborative working relationships established among key government officials.
- Data management systems strengthened.
- Data dissemination and utilization improved.
- Facilitate a process with governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing education policy frameworks, especially for access to, quality instruction for, and better management of primary schooling;
- Work with government agencies to provide systems and procedures to sustain existing policy initiatives and facilitate development and implementation of new policies, particularly in the areas of operations and administration, school quality and support, and monitoring and accountability;
- Support development, implementation and monitoring of policy action plans;
- Facilitate policy review meetings with regards to systems strengthening and develop tools to assess impact; and
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing policy frameworks, preferably in the field of education;
- Undergraduate Degree in Education, Public Policy or related field;
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and governorate levels;
- Demonstrated expertise in national system planning and budgeting;
- Demonstrated expertise in systems development and roll-out;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Experience in developing and using monitoring and accountability systems;
- Knowledge in data management, analysis and report writing; and
- Arabic and English language fluency required.
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
To apply, kindly visit the following link: