Ended Admin Manager
TITLE: Admin manager
PLACE: Mokha, Yemen
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. More information can be found at http://www.handicap-international.org
HI has been intervening in Yemen on and off for the last 12 years, with its actions initially focused on development issues, notably through the support to the development of physical and functional rehabilitation services for people with disabilities (PwDs) as well as through the capacity-building of the national networks of Yemen Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Since the summer of 2015, HI has had a permanent presence in Yemen and its interventions have been adapted to the current context of conflict in Yemen. With the support of DFATD, ECHO and UNICEF, HI has been supporting two hospitals and one physical and functional rehabilitation center in Sana'a City, building the capacities of their key staff in early rehabilitation care and psychological first aid (including specifically for children), supplying rehabilitation equipment, and directly providing physical and functional rehabilitation care to war affected people.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Admin manager, initially under the line manager of the Admin manager – Support and then the Field Coordinator has overall responsibility of ensuring the smooth management of finance, HR, and admin in HI’s Mokha field office in line with HI and donor guidelines. While systems are being established the Admin manager will work closely with the Admin manager-Support. Eventually the Admin manager will have overall responsibility to ensure accountable and sound financial management, ensure smooth and effective HR policies are in place and support the smooth functioning of operations.
Line manager: Admin manager Support/Field Coordinator
Line manager+1: Area Manager - South
Team Managed: Finance, Admin, HR assistant(s), Cook, Cleaner
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Human Resources
- In close coordination with the Admin manager Support and the HR manager in Aden, ensure timely recruitment according to the recruitment plan
- Follow the preparation of the contractual documents for the new staff
- Working closely with the HR team and Aden office ensure induction processes are put in place and staff trained to ensure smooth induction processes are followed for all new staff
- Ensure that local legislation and HR procedures are respected
- Maintain the HR database (hard and soft copies based on security advice and existing SOPs)
- Understand and work closely with relevant support staff to ensure registration of all staff with the different authorities and pay compulsory taxes (SSC, Income taxes, Labor Office etc.)
- Implement HR management tools (wage scales, internal rules, performance management/appraisal, etc.) communicating regular feedback, improvements and adapted procedures for the localised operation environment as needed to the HR coordinator
- Ensure HI’s polices for example gender equality, CoC, child protection, are adhered to and implemented across HI’s projects and office
- Accurately prepare the payroll for national staff paying close attention to leave, contractual agreements, etc.
- Act as a focal point between national staff and management on HR related issues, being proactive about staff well-being
- Ensure that local legislation is respected and across all HR and financial procedures in line with HI procedures in the South
- Communicate discrepancies in procedures between Mokha (Taiz governorate) and Aden to ensure continued learning and adaption of SOPs
- Develop and maintain relations at the administrative level with external actors (bank account executives, suppliers, other international NGOs, etc.)
- Implement/Develop or adapt finance/admin SOPs localised to the operating environment
- In close coordination with the logistics teams and other relevant departments, prepare contractual agreements
- Implementation of HI financial procedures
- Work closely with Logistics team to ensure Logistics and Supply procedures are followed between Mokha and Aden bases
- Support program and logistic teams in all financial issues/difficulties
- Ensure the good use of funds according to HI and donor guidelines in close coordination to Finance manager (Aden)
- Ensure the accomplishment of financial and accountancy deadlines
4. Cash flow Management (Bank and Cash)
- Establish functional cash management SOPs (bank/money exchanger/etc) for the operational context taking into consideration donor and internal guidelines
- Establish and manage cash flow management procedures for the base Build capacity for Admin/Finance assistant to ensure sound, transparent and accountable management of petty cash
- Regular (and surprise) cash counts
- Pre-empt cash needs on a regular basis
- Ensure that all payment documents are properly prepared
- Ensure the validity, quality and eligibility of the invoices (quality of invoices, validation, and translation).
- Carry out cash reconciliation and bank reconciliation.
- Prepare the monthly sending of the accountancy to the coordination team, doing the controls and checks to assure the quality of the accountancy, information and documentation sent
6. Budget management
- Follow and ensure registration of expenses according to the allocation table and OFU’s sent in the monthly basis to the Finance manager in Aden
- Based on the last OFU and forecast done by budget holders prepare the monthly forecast and submit it to the Finance team meeting deadlines
- Support finance manager (Aden) to prepare base level budgets, forecasting and donor reports
7. Team Management
- In close coordination with the Admin manger – Support, manage the admin team
- Strong capacity building management in order to improve the skills of the Admin team
- Ensure application and respect of the Internal Regulations of all staff under direct line management
- Define periodic actions plans (IAP) of all admin members, and ensure their implementation
- Provide advice and support to the admin team
- Establish and maintain effective and open communication within the team and facilitate communication, feedback, or concerns to the Field Coordinator if there is need
- Support professional development and well-being of the admin team
- Conflict resolution (personal and professional) as needed, communicating with the Field Coordinator as necessary
- Ensure human resources are adequate to support the base and potential sub base in coordination with the Field Coordinator and Finance/Admin manager support
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Essential: Minimum undergraduate degree in Administration or Finance
-Experience (types of positions and length):
- At least 3 years of related experience preferable in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience working in complex humanitarian contexts is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in Finance, Admin, and HR working with national and international staff
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building is a strong asset
- Knowledge of donors and experience in grant management would be appreciated;
- Previous experience with Handicap International would be an asset;
- High levels of written and oral English and Arabic communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation and positive attitude
- Attention to detail even under high pressure
- Diplomacy and patience
- Problem solver and innovative thinker
- Ability to do critical analysis with limited information
- High level of computer literacy (MS office especially Excel)
- Team player
- Understanding of humanitarian principles
- Knowledge of the software Navision
The working hours are the following: Sunday to Thursday – 8.00am to 4.30pm (with 30 minutes lunch break)
Note that the working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemeni labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
As the position is involved in sensitive topics, he/ she must observed absolute discretion within and outside the organization.
A non-respect of this clause might have immediate dismissal as a result.
Any breach of the above mentioned responsibilities, of the Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Additional benefits and relocation package can be negotiated
- Based in Sub-Base West Coast, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/ADMINMAN/ SUB-BASE WC+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Friday 11th October 2019
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.