Ended Protection Officer
Position: Protection Officer.
Field medical foundation (FMF)
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
- Develop well-structured plans for all protection activities
- In collaboration with M&E officer, Conduct intake and post-session assessments for the beneficiaries
- Establish community-based protection networks in each targeted district.
- Monitor the eligibility of CBPN members choosing.
- Conduct frequent field visits to assess the providing protective services by CBPNs.
- Supervise and guide protection officer assistants
- Weekly and monthly reports on progress against targets.
- Contribute to data entry and analysis of gathered information.
- Work with CBPNs to disseminate key protection messages to people of concern.
- Identify protection cases and other service needs and ensure timely referral and follow up, documenting all cases referred.
- Under take the coordination activities across locations.
- Data collection to support protection assessments, as required (conduct interviews, focus group discussions, questionnaires etc.) .
- Plan, implement and report on all protection support activities in a participatory manner
- Carry out any other relevant task as requested by the line manager.
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- 2 years’ relevant experience from a humanitarian context.
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations
- qualifications in psychology, social work, social sciences, human rights, development or a relevant equivalent
- Prior work experience in NGO in project management
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency setting, involving internal displacement
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with Assessment monitoring tools and systems
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must)
- Strong representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org )