Ended Water Quality Officer
Position: Water Quality Officer
Job site: Al-Turbah, Al-Shamaytain and Al-Ma’afer districts
Report to: WASH Supervisor
Supervises: Not Applicable
Program Title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
INTERSOS will also respond to the needs of population through WASH programming providing targeted communities with both soft and hard services including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
Under the supervision of WASH Supervisor,
- Conduct assessments and gather data/information as required:
- Support Water Supply infrastructures assessment along with Wash Engineer and Wash Supervisor
- Conduct Bacteriological Test to verify the contamination or not of each water supply facilities.
- Helping in the installation of Bucket chlorination points in the cholera intervention areas.
- Clean assessment data and participate in the analysis of information
- Contribute to the preparation of reports of assessments
- Monitor Water quality in Collective Shelters Water Points and Cholera Treatment Centers
- Become familiar with water quality standards and testing procedures
- As per Concern testing protocols, take samples of drinking water at source and point of consumption
- Analyze results of testing as per procedures and against agreed standards
- Document results of testing and refer abnormalities to WASH Supervisor
- Provide or undertake water treatment (bacteriological, physical) and assist Hygiene Promoters to assess effectiveness of the intervention.
- Detect new potential water source/point subject to be contaminated or at risk of contamination and conduct Water Quality Test
- Draft/write regular Water Quality report in combination with Data entry officer
- Check if the Hygienists in DTC do regular FRC monitoring and if they do that following standards.
Overall these tasks require from the Water quality Officer:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity.
- Excellent communication skills with different population groups (age, gender, social status, etc.)
- Clear & timely communications to line management.
- Very good knowledge of INTERSOS project, abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Certificate in Public Health, Biochemistry or related technical qualification
- Minimum of one years experience
- Familiarity with Yemen WASH Cluster Standards and WHO water quality standards.
- Experience in community based approaches
- Experience in water quality testing, monitoring and reporting is desirable
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of spoken English desirable
- Report writing skills and computer skills in word processing and Excel
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable
- Deadline for submission of application: 12th October 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!