Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
FSC #: IHAY/2019/002-PROGRAMS
Length of Time: 12 Months
Location: Al Mokha, Taizz
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
Under the direct supervision of the M&E Officer, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) assistant will provide full support to the M&E officer mainly in monitoring visits, establishing and maintaining an efficient Feedback/complaint mechanism for all FHI360 projects, carrying out routine M&E tasks & reporting, ensuring proper documentation within the MEAL department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Design and implement participatory and result based M&E systems that will generate timely information and feedback to program and management teams.
- Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate databases to accurately track data collected from various interventions across program activities. Ensure maintenance of data back-up and retrieval systems; prepare a database of the program that can be used both internally and externally
- Provide timely inputs for new initiatives and improvements on M&E issues to the management team.
- Conduct, manage and administer baseline survey studies, review workshops, and any other regular needs assessment which will continually provide information and latest developments.
- Provide technical leadership for all M&E activities of the project. Particularly, support the field assistants based in project locations to do a more regular follow up of targets, and progresses
- Monitoring the field activities based on project implementation plan and track the progress of project.
- Assist in developing operational monitoring tools (checklist, questionnaires, databases, rapid assessments missions, interview and survey forms, etc.) and analysis are required.
- Undertake regular field visit to monitor and supervise project implementation, identify bottlenecks and success stories
- Collect different reports regularly (monthly, quarterly, and annually) from operational/field locations, check for consistency between the narrative and quantitative parts, compile the quantitative part and make data entry in the Program database.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- Monitor distribution of any program items to the community and supported health facilities.
- Ensure that the program activities are carried out according to quality standards established by FHI360 through quality monitoring checklists.
- Assist in establishing the feedback and complaint mechanism for ongoing and new projects;
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL department;
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests and follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and operation Departments
- Timesheet collection of the casual and nominated staff along with verification, review of documentation and payment preparation for casual staff and other volunteer staff
- Carryout any other duties assigned by the supervisor aligned to the project/business.
- University degree in relevant field;
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities
- Very good command of English language (Speaking and writing skills);
- Ability to use MS. Office, MS. Excel in particular;
- Experience in MEAL activities, accountability-related tasks in particular is highly preferred; and
- Background in health and nutrition programs is preferred;
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
“M and E Assistant – Aden”.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please)