Ended Case Management Supervisor SGBV
INTERSOS Yemen Mission
National Staff Position
Position: Case Management Supervisor SGBV
Job site: Mukalla with missions to Sayyoun
Report to: for technical side to Protection Officer, for overall day to day to Activity Coordinator
Purpose / Objectives:
The Case Management Supervisor is the key actor in the management of individual cases of SGBV approaching or referred to the drop-in center. The Case Management Supervisor supervises the case management interventions of social workers, paying attention to the respect of technical standards/principles.
To ensure SGBV are identified and receive quality individual case management support through documentation, assessments, psychosocial first aid, action plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow up for an assigned case load.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of SGBV cases by the social workers.
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management for PoC in accordance of all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Ensure the referral mechanism system is known by Social Workers, properly applied and monitored.
- Provide guidance on individual case management and organizing assistance/referral for emergency cases.
- Organize the intervention of social workers, paying attention to the respect of standards/principles.
- Conduct regular case audits on the files and records kept by the different INTERSOS social wokers and INTERSOS local partner associations.
- In coordination with the Activity Coordinator, develop a weekly movement plan for the activities of Social Workers;
- Support and manage social workers in their daily activities; ensure distribution of tasks within the teams, ensuring proper and timely information flow, supervision and provide timely advice in complex cases.
- Ensure that all emergency cases are addressed immediately and shared with the Protection Officer/Coordinator for possible intervention.
- In collaboration with DC Activity Coordinator, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- With the support of Protection Officer, hold regular capacity building/training, social worker’s mentoring and coaching sessions based on identified needs and gaps.
- Organize case management meetings with social workers on weekly basis to discuss updates on achievements and challenges and other relevant service providers when needed.
- After need assessment, compile lists for the provision of financial and/or material assistance, as per agreed-upon criteria; the assistance should be duly justified with related administrative documents; the monitoring and follow up of the outcomes of the assistance provided is also a crucial responsibility;
- Regularly inform the Protection Officer/Coordinator on the conditions of individual cases and/or make prompt reports and bring to the immediate attention of the Protection Officer/Coordinator any case of special needs.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with the colleagues to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, share challenges and best practices
- Provide all required information for internal and external case management meetings.
- Participate to meetings, as per request of the DC Coordinator.
- Support the Reporting Officer and the DC Activity Coordinator in the redaction of the monthly report, trend analysis and any other related documents, according to the established deadlines; this includes any kind of urgent report as well.
- Represent along with the DC Activity Coordinator INTERSOS in meetings and other formal discussions, as required.
- Any other task, not here listed but related to INTERSOS protection intervention.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in social services or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
Most relevant other requirements:
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness and ability to move around in Yemen (North, Central and South) to support case auditing and capacity building efforts for local partner associations
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English is an asset
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 October 2019 COB
- Estimative date for written test and interview, in Aden: 04 and 05 September 2019 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
- Documents to be submitted for application: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Subject reference to be used is ‘35102 – Case Management Supervisor SBV