Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer
Position : Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Dhamar governorate.
Reports to: Project Manager.
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
The Hygiene Promotion Officer reports to Project Manager. S/He is responsible to Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans at area level, leading Hygiene Promotion Officers in planning, implementation and monitoring of the entire hygiene promotion activities. Moreover, s/he will be responsible, offering daily guidance, planning to the hygiene promotion team (Community Health Volunteers) at area level, facilitating new Hygiene Promotion approaches, methodologies and technologies and representing TYF in hygiene promotion coordination meetings on governorate level.
- Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans.
- Capacity builds and supervises Community Health Volunteers CHVs – Hygiene Promotion in his/her respective governorate.
- Ensures adherence to TYF hygiene promotion technical guidelines and donor requirements in this project.
- Break down the project operational plans for hygiene promotion into weekly, monthly implementation plans.
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials timely and according to procedures
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of hygiene promotion activities
- Record targets and monitor behavioural changes on a regular basis in respective governorate.
- At area level, take lead in conducting hygiene promotion related assessments including PDM, KAP etc in coordination with the WASH Engineers and M&E department.
- Monitor hygiene promotion activities, procurement and ensure there adhere to the implementation plan.
- Explore and work with different groups to find effective hygiene promotion approaches including drama shows, radio messaging and role plays etc.
- Advise the WASH team / CHVs on the most effective hygiene promotion approaches in respective areas.
- Offer daily guidance, planning to the hygiene promotion team at governorate level.
Reporting and Documentation
- Compile hygiene promotion data from WASH field officers and share with relevant teams.
- Works with the WASH engineer to Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required by the Project Manager.
- Manage hygiene promotion activities database at area level.
- Participates in WASH/Hygiene promotion coordination at governorate level and coordinates with all relevant hygiene promotion stakeholders.
- Coordinate with WASH Engineer to ensure that both hygiene promotion activities and hardware activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders on governorate level to ensure effective programming and implementation.
- A Degree in Public Health or Community Engagement related study.
- At least 2 years work experience doing Behavior Change work in an NGO setting
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender, protection and diversity issues in public health engineering programme activities.
- Capability to think creatively & strategically to mediate & to negotiate successfully with individuals & groups to reach common ground & solutions.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively, using own initiative with limited direct supervision as well as a working effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of the Yemen context and cultures; working in conflict areas.
- Ability to work within a team. Very well organized and detail oriented.
- Analytical, negotiation, interpersonal & communications skills.
- Motivation & commitment to humanitarian work & values.
- Ability to work well independently & can assume immediate responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a stressful environment.
- A team player with positive inter-personal skills coupled with effective leadership qualities.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & internet).
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#GiPUhRiG no letter than 14 -10 -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.