Ended Administrative Assistant (Security)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Security)_GS5_Temporary Appointment_ 1 Year_ Sana’a _ Only for Yemeni Nationals
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Safety
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it was enacted immediately. Since then the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
- Provide administrative support for the Security Unit including official correspondence with the government for the required clearances for the security operations;
- Responsible for all other administrative tasks in support of the UNICEF security team;
- Following up the procedures and submit the required payments and administrative requests as required for the security services as requested by the Security Manager.
- Maintaining an inventory list of all security equipment in all locations where UNICEF operates in Yemen in coordination with UNICEF Security Officers.
- Maintaining records of all security equipment’s documentation and ensure security equipment’s documentation is always available and accurate at any time.
- Preparing and review the security guards Payroll, submit for payments and follow up with the service providers for all security personnel stationed at UNICEF offices.
- Maintaining the visitor control program and meetings inside UNICEF compound and ensure all security procedures are followed by the security guards.
- Monitoring and ensure the security facilities and equipment are inspected and everything is in place all the time.
- Maintaining data base for all security guards at UNICEF offices in Yemen.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor, which are in line with the incumbent’s skills and capabilities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education. Training in a security field is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible in security risk management and/or security analysis, clerical and administrative work.
- Fluency in English & Arabic (spoken & written) is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link: (not later than 11 Oct 2019):
While UNICEF seeks to recruit the best talent in the Yemeni labor market to be able to deliver the best possible services for the children in Yemen, we would like to make it clear that we never use any third party in any of the recruitment processes for all junior and senior positions advertised. All received applications are treated with high level of transparency and professionalism. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements are considered and only within the announced deadline.
في حين تسعى اليونيسف لإستقطاب أفضل الكوادر في السوق اليمنية لتتمكن من تقديم أفضل خدمة للأطفال في اليمن، تود التنويه إلى أنها لا تستعين بأي شخص أو جهة (قد يقدم نفسهـ/ـا) كوسيط أو طرف ثالث في أي من عمليات التوظيف وفيما يخص جميع الوظائف، باستثناء الإعلان عبر وسائل الإعلام والمواقع الإليكترونية. إن اليونيسف، منظمة الطفولة، تعمل بمستوى عال من الشفافية والمهنية. ولا يتم التواصل إلا مع المتقدمين الذين توافقت مؤهلاتهم وخبراتهم مع الوظائف المعلن عنها والتي تقدموا لها في الموعد المعلن.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.