Ended Admin Officer
Band/ Level / Grade:
Administration and Human Resources.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
Under the Supervision of the Senior HR & Administration Officer, the Administration Officer is responsible for managing travel arrangements for all IRC staff, processing payments for travel service providers, office and guesthouse maintenance and supplies in compliance with IRC policies.
WORKING RELATIONS: The successful candidate is expected to support staff in accessing Administration services. He/she will work closely with all staff and support in ensuring the efficient and effective planning, management and delivery of Administration services and support functions.
- Focal point for UNHAS flights and WFP boat, processing all requested bookings in a timely manner ensuring accurate documentation and obtaining prior travel approvals.
- Arrangement of staff transit in Djibouti ensuring timely processing of hotel reservations and related airport pick up and drop off.
- Processing monthly payment reconciliation for the UNHAS flights, WFP boat, hotel, and travel service providers, ensuring preparation of supporting documents as per IRC standards.
- Focal point for all travel enquiries and assisting and providing guidance to all IRC staff (national and international) in planning their travel.
- Arrangement with Regional Office administration and/or travel agency concerning issuance of International flight tickets for IRC staff whilst ensuring issuing the most cost effective tickets.
- Pre-arrival/departure arrangements ensuring timely arrangements of each booking including updating travelers about their booking status, following up and sharing confirmed tickets, providing required pre-arrival guidelines and documents, and communicating UNHAS flight time to travelers and Travel Team.
- Maintaining and continuously updating Travel Tracker.
- Updating and timely submission of UNHAS APL.
- Day to day management of guesthouse and supervision of cleaners.
- Overall management of office and guesthouse maintenance and supplies.
- Conducting induction related to administrative matters for all new staff.
- Ensuring adherence to IRC policies in performing all concerned tasks.
- Accurate filing of administration documents.
- Reporting all administration activities on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing other related duties as required.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Experience will quality in lieu of relevant degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Administration preferably in an INGO setting.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Attention to details.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6720
Deadline for Applying 19 October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.