Ended Database Assistant
Handicap International – Humanity and Inclusion is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer and with strong link with the MEAL department, ensure quality data entry for the project in collaboration with the team.
Line manager: MEAL Officer
Line manager+1: Field Coordinator
Team Managed: None
Strong functional link with: Grants Manager, Operations Coordinator, MEAL Manager, Project Manager(s), Project Officer(s).
PLACE: Hajjah Yemen, with some field visit to other governorates when needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- DATA MANAGEMENT:
- Participate in the field teams’ training about the data collection on the field
- Enter the data collected by the field team in the database on electronic version according to the activities and tools on going following existing SOPs.
- Ensure quality of the data entered and report any issues to the line manager:
- Ensure all data entered are correct
- Cross check with paper versions
2.DATA BASE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the database is adapted to the project’s needs, in close collaboration with MEAL Officer:
- Report any discrepancies to the MEAL Officer between the database and the documents used by the team on the field
- Contribute to propose improvements to the database and documents used by the team on the field and ensure the adaption of these documents as needed
3.REPORTING & DATA ANALYSIS
- Under the MEAL officer supervision, contribute to the Regular reports
- Contribute to the weekly report on quantity of data entered
- Contribute to the weekly report of issues encountered
- Participate to the data analysis, under MEAL Officer supervision:
- Contribute to provide weekly and monthly reports on data
- Participate in the production of intermediary and final report for donors
- Provide any data analysis report under MEAL Officer request, producing charts and written analysis
- Keep clear files in need to be entered in database
- Range all files in proper place and easily accessible under request of the line management
- Ensure frequent backup of the databases
The above mention tasks and responsibilities remain flexible, and might be adjusted according to the mission and projects priorities.
DEMONSTRATION OF ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM
The individual in this position is expected to demonstrate ethical and professional conduct in the course of their work including, but not limited to:
- Respect the total confidentiality of the data collected and entered
- Ensure to never speak about data out of the project
- Ensure security of the database and filesRespect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Address needs and requests in a professional way.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions, capacity building activities, etc.
- Participate in the different activities that are common to all team members
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor (reporting, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Computer Sciences or any related field.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar field with INGOs is essential
- Very good knowledge of the MS office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and (e-data applications, Kobo toolbox, SPSS, ArcGIS, …).
- Commitment to the aims and principles of HI.English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skillsStrong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skillsGlobal knowledge on Humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, is desirable
- Travel in and around Hajjah and other governorates on occasion, stay overnight outside of Hajjah City (where operations are presently based) as field movement requires.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral.Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Flexible to travel to other governorates.Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds. developing conducting surveys
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Hajjah, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/DBASSIS/HAJJAH+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Wednesday 16th October. Please address all applications to: Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.