Ended MEAL Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking a MEAL Assistant. He/ She will be responsible implementing of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems.
The Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning assistant also ensures supporting MEAL officer for effective coordination with all local stakeholders and establishes transparent systems to ensure information flow to partners and community members. FSL and WASH support program seeks to address Food insecurity & WASH needs in the target governorates by providing food-insecure households with food and/or cash-based safety nets also comprehensive WASH intervention will not only address the communities' dire need for safe water but also enhance the knowledge of the targeted population towards key hygiene and sanitation practices so that the prevalence of water-related diseases reduced. The food security intervention will enable targeted communities to increase access to food and improve their nutritional status.
Project M&E coordination
- Assist the MEL officer in developing, implementing the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) system for the program, ensuring community participation.
- Assist the MEL officer to establish coordination and information systems with project partners and key stakeholders, particularly those responsible for monitoring and evaluation
M&E capacity building
- Actively participate in developing standardized MEL tools for the project such as monitoring sheets; weekly/monthly progress analysis reports etc.
- Train the relevant project staff in the field of MEL system, ensuring they use the required formats/sheets effectively as required and desired
Information Management and Reporting
- Prepare relevant data collection and monitoring tools as well as develop the database for storing data and information
- Update project database on regular basis through entering and processing relevant data on timely basis
- Collate and extract relevant information from the project database in a regular basis, ensuring information/data are available upon request.
- Ensure the availability of timely and high quality reports (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, PDMs, baseline and end line surveys reports) and other documentation as required
- Work closely with consultants and other staff in relation to baseline, assessment and evaluation studies
- Identify topics for research and document/share best-practices and lessons learned
- Consolidate case studies/ human interest stories and qualitative information among the beneficiary communities to show program outcomes in different areas
- Systematically and frequently capture progress, successes and challenges with photo camera and video
- Documenting and sharing of best-practices and methodologies employed by stakeholders
- Compile lessons across implementers and communities to share with other donors and interested parties with concern to pastoral production system
- Establishment of feedback mechanism among partners and beneficiaries, ensuring proper documentation and its relevance to current implementation strategy and future programming.
- Responsible for receiving beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints via phone.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the quality unit.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Surveys
- Conduct regular field monitoring to identify challenges and present to the program management for corrected actions
- Participate in the drafting of SOW for the baseline as well as final evaluation of the project
- Actively participate in conducting baseline assessment, annual project reviews, and final evaluations
- Actively participate in action researches and studies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant field
- 2-3 years of M&E experience related to development and humanitarian aid
- Experience designing and conducting training sessions and workshops
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and M&E
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by October 17th, 2019 to YEM.VacancyAmran@care.org
with the subject heading ‘MEAL Assistant / Amran + Your full name’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise