Ended Area Logistics Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Logistics Assistant. He/She will in particular support Area level fleet management, warehousing of supplies and other office materials as well as transportation of program materials /supplies to distribution points. The area logistic assistant will directly report to program support officer in the day-to-day execution of his/her work.
Area Logistics Assistant
The purpose of this position is to provide support to country program in all logistic related activities and minimize risks to personnel and program resources. The position holder will in particular support Area level fleet management, warehousing of supplies and other office materials as well as transportation of program materials /supplies to distribution points. The area logistic assistant will directly report to program support officer in the day-to-day execution of his/her work.
Logistic Management and Staff Management:
- Conduct logistic activities for the Area and report that to Program Support Officer.
- Managing vehicle drivers.
- Support in providing technical support to all logistic staff at Area level in coordination with Program Support Officer
- Assist in receiving international staff at Airport/Seaport and provide all the support for them for safe departure and arrival.
- Conduct money transfer as needed.
- Handle any follow ups needed for maintenance of CARE offices and guesthouses.
- Coordinate with managements to ensure availability of fuel stock for all generators and to monitor the fuel consumption.
- Perform clearance of goods either through internal clearance personnel or through identified clearance agencies.
- Assist in processing the procurement GRN as per policy requirement.
Maintain Records and Files for CARE Vehicles:
- Support in managing CARE’s vehicle as per policy including cost allocation for staff use.
- Assist in maintain an up-to-date inventory list for vehicles
- Support in processing and follow up car rental.
- Keep a record of all documents related to contracts.
Obtain all Visas and Travel Papers for Staff and Visitors:
- Assist in obtaining work, residence, exit permits, entry visas and other travel permit papers for staff and visitors travel.
- Support in communication with local authority in all CARE related work and maintain positive relationship with them.
Warehousing and Contracting
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant departments/ functions regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes.
- Responsible for receipt, monitoring and release of any stock.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preferably bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- 2-3 years of experience working with INGOs
- Background and related experience in safety, security and emergency preparedness, logistics and planning with an INGO or similar organization.
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Office
- Good written and oral English and Arabic skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Demonstrated high attention to details.
- While working independently, able to follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by October 16th, 2019 to YEM.VacancyAmran@care.org
with the subject heading ‘Area Logistics Assistant / Amran + Your full name’.
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.