Ended Verification Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Verification Assistant
Organizational Unit : Shelter-NFI
Duty Station : Yemen, Al-Hudaydah
Type of Appointment : Hourly Contract, Equivalent to grade G2
SVN No. : CFCV2019/166
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Saturday 19, Oct 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the supervision of the RRM project assistant undertake the timely verification of IDPs (and other individuals as agreed with senior management) who approach the IOM centre.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Verify HH data, location and vulnerability based on the registration undertaken.
- Record all discrepancies or differences in information provided at registration against the verification form.
- Inform of discrepancies/differences of registration against verification, record all new data/information.
- Inform the RRM project assistant with any new IDPs influx or caseload that couldn’t reach the registration centres.
- Apply and uphold IOM standards of conduct.
- Prepare final verification lists, review and archive as per instructions.
- Raise daily and weekly reports and share with the RRM project assistants.
- Provide any feedback on issues encountered during verification.
- Refer cases to protection or health teams using the appropriate screening processes.
- Assist in data entry, distribution or any other support activities as required.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma (with four years’ experience) or Bachelor’s degree (with two years)
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com
indicating position applied on subject line by Saturday 19 Oct , 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application,
with a subject line CFCV2019.166 Al-Hudaydah Verification Assistant H2
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).