Ended Nutrition Data Supervisor
Position: Nutrition Data Supervisor
Report to: Project Manager
Manages: Nutrition Database supervisor
Duty Station: Sana’a
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: October 2019
VHI is an international NGO, with its head office based in Germany. Vision Hope’s work is focused in Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, and Germany, with plans to begin projects in Palestine and Lebanon. Recent and ongoing projects in Yemen. In keeping with the goal of creating sustainable development, the projects are run mostly by local individuals who are already members of the community being transformed. For more information about our organization please visit our website: www.vision-hope.org
Duties & responsibilities:
The Nutrition Data Supervisor will be in charge of the improvement and use of nutrition data system. S/he will promote efficient ways to organize, store and analyze nutrition data with attention to adequacy, accuracy, timeliness, reliability and legitimacy.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure accurate and timely collection and collation of data related to the nutrition program.
- Ensure that the nutrition data is collected in a correct and appropriate way.
- Capacity build/ mentor nutrition staff including data registers and assistants on data collection tools, proper data collection processes and the use of nutrition database.
- Data Quality Management Support other data registers and nutrition assistants or field staff in ensuring efficient and reliable data handling procedures.
- Perform regular data quality checks in collaboration with M&E to validate accuracy, completeness and reliability of the data.
- Overall management of the Nutrition Data Base
Data Reporting & Analysis
- In collaboration with senior nutrition officer, project manager, and nutrition expert, the Nutrition Data Supervisor will;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim and annual data reports as required to meet VHI reporting standards.
- Assist with the extraction of nutrition data for reporting or as requested.
- Share the nutrition data with nutrition staff and Nutrition cluster data focal point or WFP whenever required.
- Monitor and analyze nutrition information and data system to evaluate the performance of nutrition programs.
Technical Supervision and Mentorship.
- Support or capacity build data management assistants on the usage of the database and reporting of the collected nutrition data.
- Conduct regular field visits to mentor field nutrition assistants or staff on nutrition data collection, management and reporting.
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor Degree in, Health Information system (HIS), Computer Science programs. Or any other related majors
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Good understanding of data management functions such as collection analysis and validation.
- Proficient in MS office, and analysis software’s experience will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of CMAM database and reporting tools
- Previous experience in data management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic is essential.
- Download and Fill VHI Hiring Form from attached below
- Documents to be submitted in English: Cover letter, CV and VHI hiring Form.
- How to send the application: by e-mail to Recruitment.Yemen@vision-hope.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered), Please write the job title and location in the Subject Field of your email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
Note: only filled forms will be considered as candidates.
VHI is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted