Ended HR Manager
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Manager
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: DFA
Location: Aden, Yemen
The Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program aims to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, and promote the peaceful resolution of differences in Yemen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resource and Admin Manager will manage the country HR team, and hold responsibility for the overall strategic and operational HR management for the program. Reporting to the Director Finance and Administration, s/he will act as a trusted advisor to the senior leadership team in providing guidance on key HR decisions.
S/he will be responsible for recruiting personnel, keeping personnel files updated, and will serve as a link between the employees and their benefits and ensured staff wellbeing. He/she will also be responsible for new employee orientations, introduction and implementation of program HR systems and tools
- Ensure up to date maintenance of Human Resource and Personnel files for all GC staff.
- Ensure that all employees have accurate job descriptions. Work with relevant supervisor to revise job descriptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Develop, organize and follow a hiring practice in coordination with relevant supervisors.
- Liaise with appropriate Government Office on all personnel issues to ensure total compliance to government system policies.
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Take lead role to provide updated orientation package and arrange presentation to all new staff.
- Work in conjunction with Line Managers to ensure that all staff are evaluated accurately.
- Identify training needs and develop internal training opportunities for all GC local staff.
- Monitor and resolve potential personnel problems and achievements. Facilitate managers in managing teams.
- Review the staff payroll and ensure payroll roster is accurate and up to date before submission to the Finance in a monthly basis
- Ensure efficient functioning of the HR filing system for the Yemen office.
- Directly supervise the Human Resources (HR) team and managing their schedule
- Outside of the obligation to inform DFA and COP, maintains absolute confidentiality and professionalism for all personnel paperwork, records and issues.
- Works closely with Security team and senior management to ensure safety and wellbeing of staff.
- Ensures, that appropriate processes that women and men are provided equal opportunities and to create a gender balance within organization.
- Take lead role in Personnel Policy updates and amendments.
- Communicate areas of change in both policy and procedure to all staff working through appropriate manager/coordinators. Institute and apply all policies and procedures in a manner which is fair, transparent and consistent.
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Personnel Policy.
- Ensure compliance with GC’s or/and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with GC’s policies and procedures manual.
- Review and recommend policy changes to DFA and Chief of Party.
- Review salary changes through annual surveys and/or reviews and make recommendations to adjust job classifications or salary levels.
- Study the place of our salary grid + other benefits as compared to other INGO and relevant companies and taking into account the inflation/other economic indicators within the country
- Organization Design/Development and Technical Assistance
- Designs, develops, plans, implements, and markets staff development orientations, in-service and training programs for managers, supervisors, and support staff regarding the quality management System, management skills, and other training as needed based on identified needs through assessment
- Align quality management training programs with organization development needs and the vision of the Office.
- Acts as a representative in matters pertaining to internal staff development and quality management;.
- Liaise with relevant authorities and/or agencies to develop standard Life/medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain system of medical claims as a substitute for medical insurance policy.
- Contractual/Legal Matters
- Submit staff contracts and agreements to Chief of Party for approval.
- Track contracts and undertake extensions or renegotiations in a timely manner that involves the relevant supervisor.
- Promote and uphold GC’s mandatory reporting procedures.
- Ensure GC’s compliance to all applicable laws and principles.
- With consistent feedback to DFA, liaise with the GC assigned attorney on all legal issues.
- Provide regular feedback and reports to the DFA.
- Ensure personal staff expenses are reimbursed or properly deducted from salary.
- Update all organizational reference sheets on a monthly basis (phone, NGO, Org charts, etc.).
- Visit field sites to follow up on personnel issues. When needed s/he will be expected to carry out field visits on a regular basis
- Training, coaching and building capacity of staff working under his/her supervision.
- Assist with other duties as required by DFA and Chief of Party.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word are essential.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of policies, rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection practices and training programs.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration or any other field with a combination of relevant work experience. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources management, preferably with an international organization.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- The candidate shall be an experienced HR professional, with a background in managing others. S/he shall possess strong operational HR skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and advice senior managers on how HR can support with overall achievement of the country strategy. S/he shall be strong in managing employee relations and grievance issues and have a commitment to prioritizing staff welfare and wellbeing.
LANGUAGE and MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
S/he will have strong level of written and spoken English, facilitation and coaching skills with commitment to developing people in their roles. Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English (required). Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Basic skills and able to perform job specific mathematics. S/he can use MS Office and Excel software and be able to use formulas for simple calculations.
Normal office environment, However, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From November 2019 until August 15, 2021.
Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
Applications submitted after Oct 15, 2019 , will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.