Ended Senior Human Resources Assistant (Aden)
Title of Position: Senior Human Resources Assistant
Position Number: TA
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of six months
Date of Issue: 06/10/2019
Closing Date: 15/10/2019
Senior Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative or Human Resources Officer, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR).
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The workforce in the AOR is well-informed of the organisation’s human resources policies and practices.
- UNHCR provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for its workforce in the AOR.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer’s approval.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial and administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- Applicant should meet the limitation of recruitment age between (18 and 60 years old)
- Non-local candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (All Attached below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).