Ended Finance Assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant – Sana’a
Responsible to: Finance Officer
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 26 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2019 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
To work and assist the finance officer to develop Human Appeal’s Finance operations, systems, and dynamics ensuring that the systems meet the statutory, standards and legal requirements.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make and record all payments out of cash, recording all programme advances issued and returned.
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Assist in entering cash or bank sub-journals (general journals).
- Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count
- Help consolidate the necessary document for the month end accounting close process, including preparing Journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries.
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers.
- Assist in verifying vouchers for the voucher program and maintaining proper filing system
- Help with the preparation of the award Budget Pipelines, Budget vs. Actual reports, and Cash Flow Projection.
- Help with the maintenance of the Country Support Budget and estimation of support costs.
- Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
- Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance officer.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Include but not limited to; Financial recording, reconciliations and Internal Controls
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Screening and Vetting processes and procedures are in place for the assessment of partners, agents, contractors, suppliers, staff and beneficiaries of (cash based programmes
- There are contracts / agreements in place for significant grants
- Handing the cheques to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Entering the new project's budget into the Accounting System Quick Books
- Recording journal entry and receipt voucher for the received transfer
- Achieving the different financial documents (like general journals, payment vouchers, and financial transfers) in a systematic way and maintaining the general appearance of the department.
- Assisting the finance Officer in the preparation of the monthly request forms for the projects after preparing a financial report for each to be entered to the system before 5th of each month.
- Assisting the finance officer in the preparation of the monthly report.
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly financial reports.
- Issuing payment vouchers and cheques\transfers to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Sending the financial transfers to the authorized persons to be signed.
- Communicating the bank for any inquiries or troubles
- Following up the receipt of the transfers in our bank account.
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing a confirmation letter to the donor by the received amount.
- Receiving the deposit slips from the banks to be archived in the suitable folders.
- Sending the financial transfers and any other financial correspondences to the banks.
- Reviewing the petty cash payment requests received from the other departments.
- Issuing petty cash vouchers and get the finance officer approval.
- Preparing the petty cash replenishment request and receiving the amount from the bank.
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years successful of general ledger accounting experience in the humanitarian field.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English and Arabic.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- The position will be based in Sana’a, 80% in the office and 20% in the field.
Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly write the Position Title + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10/ 20 / 2019