Ended Area Compliance Assistant
Area Compliance Assistant-Saadah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Compliance Assistant
Department: Transparency & Compliance
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable contract depending on budgeting and performance
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Area Coordination and the Area Compliance Officer and Country Compliance and Transparency Manager (if any):
Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the Area to the Capital office;
- Compile and file all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Identify and follow-up on the compliance issues by using the compliance tools and action plans
- Follow-up on program documentation
- Prepare and submit a Monthly Compliance Report to capital for each base
- Perform Investigation of quotes and Invoices (FLA-05) upon the request of the Area Coordination or Capital
- Follow-up on the flow of documentation and archiving processes
Facilitate the external audit preparation and conduct internal audits
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits where required;
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
4.1. Lessons learn
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff in the bases;
4.2. Team work
- Participate in positive working environment and good team dynamics among Audit staff in the country;
- Ensure that the Audit teams in the country retain all that is distinctive about ACTED including the organizations values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the same field.
- Bachelor Degree in audit, administration or accounting
- Good computer skills (accounting software and MS Office).
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including report writing skills.
- Rigorous with keen attention to details.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and internal control mechanisms.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in Arabic and strong English skills required;
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English + Cover letter to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Saadah Compliance Assistant and rename your CV as First & Last name + Compliance Assistant.
- The closing date for applications is on Sunday, 20 October 2019.
- Only candidates from Saadah/AlJawf (in districts with connection difficulties) can also submit their CV in hard copy to ACTED HR Saadah Office.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification