Ended Junior Finance Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Junior Finance Assistant
Organizational Unit : Resources Management
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 3
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019/168
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Saturday 19, Oct 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (COM) and Resources Management Officer (RMO), and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Admin Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the office in maintaining the log of all incoming payments, stamped and logged from procurement and project units
- Ensure that any returned payments are stamped appropriately and properly logged in the register
- Assist the finance office with filing and of documents in the prescribed orderly manner
- Scan and file the documents posted in PRISM in the Organizations E-filing system
- Support the finance office in following up documents returned to the programs with queries
- Support the finance office on its daily administrative activities
- Assist in any other duties as maybe assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma in Business Management, Office Management, Public Administration with one year professional experience in the same capacity, or
- High School diploma with three years of relevant experience in a busy office performing the same responsibilities
- Experience and ability to deal with government officials in a professional manner
- Experience organizing training and meetings with governmental staff
- Experience in project management and administration
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism; follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies; meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs.
- Client Orientation – establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients.
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas.
- Communication – listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to resolve problems.
- Leadership and Negotiation – presents goals as shared interests; convinces others to share resources.
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues; provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations.
- Planning and Organizing - identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others.
- Professionalism - treats all colleagues with respect and dignity; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – actively contributes to an effectively collegial and agreeable team environment; actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Technological Awareness - proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions; understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 19 Oct, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line: SVN2019/168 Sana’a, Junior Finance Assistant – G3
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 06.Oct.2019 to 19.Oct.2019